Burnout Paradise Official Thread

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Well if it's anything like the last few days, postman won't be arriving till after midday! I NEED to play this today, I've waited nearly a year now to play this.

Soldato
got my Ps3 one this morning just now, day early, thats a 1st!

If your at home can you try to see if the in game XMB is working? Heard that you can access your friends list and ingame messages

Simply pause the game at any point, select the "Paradise City Online" menu, and press Triangle. Bam, there's your friends list, just as you remember it from the XMB. You can send and receive messages, change your comment, add, block, remove... anything you could normally find listed under the Friends icon can be found here. Although a few other titles have allowed messaging from certain menus, this is the first time it's been available during gameplay.

Not heard mentioned before in the PS3 game so am just curious.

Soldato
Reading the manual for those just looking for pure racing much like Burnout Revenge

"to start racing, select UNRANKED RACE or RANKED RACE from the EASY DRIVE menu, then choose PLAY NOW or SEARCH to join a pending RACE (or select CREATE to start one)

Soldato
Reading the manual for those just looking for pure racing much like Burnout Revenge

"to start racing, select UNRANKED RACE or RANKED RACE from the EASY DRIVE menu, then choose PLAY NOW or SEARCH to join a pending RACE (or select CREATE to start one)

The host can also just create normal races in freeburn mode through the dpad menu.

Soldato
OK, convince me to buy it. I am not sure. Also I lose my net connection for a week or two next week as I am moving house.

The demo was crappy poor. Even though chasing Roser down and making him crash A LOT was fun for a while, I have serious questions about longevity of this game - especially online. Are there lobbies? Can you do mini tournaments, like the last game (i.e three races in a row with points totalling for each one)? I fear I'd play it a few times and then just go back to CoD4 wasting cash I can't afford right now.

Hmmm... fingers itching, but just not convinced.

Soldato
If your at home can you try to see if the in game XMB is working? Heard that you can access your friends list and ingame messages

Not heard mentioned before in the PS3 game so am just curious.

yep, press pause - goto freeburn online then press triangle, brings up XMB where you can send meesages - you could do this in Singstar also so this is the 2nd game i know off that allows this

just had a ranked online race, 3 races with checkpoints scattered throughout the map, took ages lol

Back
Top Bottom