Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Soldato
I'm still deciding whether or not to get this. I didn't really like the demo at all but I loved Takedown and Revenge. Is this game as good or perhaps better than those and therefore worth the purchase?

I never liked revenge but I love this. Oone of the reasons I didin't like revent though was down to the way it played out in Single Player, loading took ages and it just didn't grip me. With this being so open ended I find that I can spend 20 minutes just exploring and doing jumps etc and then realise I haven't actually done an event for a while. I love it.

I'm in the same boat RoB-. Considering I'm now ScarySquirrels minion I should probably purchase.

DO IT!

Soldato
Here are a few thoughts from me after 8 hours of play.

- Driving is a lot easier than Burnout Dominator, the traffic is much better to see so avoiding cars in much easier.
- I like the fact that traffic checking is dependant on what car you drive, a heavy car will check more cars while a light car crashes easier.
- Signature takedowns are gone and I do miss them, they added something special to Road Rage events.
- Showtime is not as good as Crash mode, I miss the 2x and 4x multipliers
- I like to just cruise around with different vehicles finding gates and jumps to use.
- Marked Man missions are crap
- The game is a bit too easy, I am close to getting my A license but for instance using a GT2400 in a race is no competition really, same as takedown events with a heavy car, if the target is 15 I generally get >40 takedowns.
- Graphics wise it is really good, only a hint of slowdown sometimes when starting a race or heavy crashes with multiple cars (PS3/HDMI)
- I think the cars even control worse when damaged but I am not sure on that one.
- I miss the extra events like Maniac and Near Miss challenge

At first I hesitated when hearing about the free roaming option but I am glad I bought the game.

Associate
Has anyone smashed all the 400 gates or done all the superjumps?
What reward do you get for them, if any?

New cars. All smashes gets you the Carbon GT Concept, a Carbon X12 for the superjumps and all billboards is the Carbon Hawker.

I have all three. :D

The Carbon Hawker is particularly awesome, with its' full speed and boost stats.

Soldato
Ah!!!

I will try it now. I had already tried a previous code so assumed it would not work (not realising your was unused!)
Edit: Must do one more Showtime mode first though :)
Edit2: I88-S1 15.86 million!!!

rp2000

I am going to dedicate my time this evening to hunting down your showtime scores :mad:

Soldato
How many roads are there? Because I know the whole idea is that you get the best score on each road.

I am a bit confused by all the road rules stuff though. You know you can scroll through them with the D-Pad, do you have to set the road rule before attempting a high score?

Should I RTFM?

Caporegime
I am going to dedicate my time this evening to hunting down your showtime scores :mad:

Do it tomorrow ffs!!!! If I set 10 more Showtime scores then my whole map is Silver, which means I have thehighest Showtime score for every map on my friends list!! (Surely there has to a be a free car for that!!)

On a seperate note, I cannot see anyone's scores in Showtime mode, apart from people on my friends list. Either I am doing it wrong, or there is a bug/glitch.

When I go to the screen I can see the filter for friends scores, but I cannot highlight it to change it to show global scores etc.

Can someone check this on their ps3 and also someone on 360. Whilst it is nice to beat people on my list, I want to see how I stack up against the rest of the world!!

Knowing my luck this feature will be in the 360 version and not in the ps3 one I have!! ;)

rp2000

Edit:
How many roads are there? Because I know the whole idea is that you get the best score on each road.

I am a bit confused by all the road rules stuff though. You know you can scroll through them with the D-Pad, do you have to set the road rule before attempting a high score?

Should I RTFM?
There is a lot of roads, you can see them all on the map by selecting "Road Rules" I think under that you can further filter it "Showtime" and "Times". I think if the road sign is Silver you have set a time, and if it is red you haven't? (I just press up on the d-pad in game when I change roads to see a summary).

Last edited:

aeT

aeT

Associate
ScarySquirrel, I have sent my girlfriend on a reconnaissance mission to purchase Burnout.

Game later? :)

Soldato
It's Soulja :p Everytime i looked on my rader i noticed you was chasing me, waiting for me to slip up so you could take me down :D

Sorry mate, not sure where the H came from.

I know, it's because everytime your car touched me it counted as a Takedown. The slightest tap would send me rolling :D

Plus, your name was pink so it was easier to follow :)

Associate
I'm not sure if I should get this game or DMC4 or FIFA Street 3:( I played the demo of this, and I love the racing, the crashing, the cars etc. but the only thing that bugs me is that I may find myself getting bored of driving round free roam all the time, and keep finding traffic lights that you haven't completed.

Soldato
but the only thing that bugs me is that I may find myself getting bored of driving round free roam all the time, and keep finding traffic lights that you haven't completed.
What I do is either drive very fast to where I want to go or drive slower and look out for fences, billboards and jumps, I must say that I never felt bored driving to a spot.

And I usually look for a race/road rage close to where I am to take part in.

Associate
How long did that take you? :eek:

Clocked up about 25 hours now, never went out of my way looking for them, not until I got down to the last few at least.

I was stuck on the last billboard for a while, finally found it and then stumbled across the last smash I needed while driving back to the junkyard to try my new car. That smash then led directly to the last superjump I needed. Talk about luck!

Caporegime
Clocked up about 25 hours now, never went out of my way looking for them, not until I got down to the last few at least.

I was stuck on the last billboard for a while, finally found it and then stumbled across the last smash I needed while driving back to the junkyard to try my new car. That smash then led directly to the last superjump I needed. Talk about luck!

I am 24 hours in and have only found half the smashes. I notice them whilst I am racing around in an event, and mean to go back for them, but always forget!!

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom