Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Find a stunt car that you like and control really well - speed is not too important :)

Easiest scoring is in places with multiple jumps/billboards:

-The run through the naval yard alongside the Southbay Expressway
-The Southbay Expressway bridge
-The Dam by Casey Pass (just North from the bridge)
-The Quarry
-The run from the Wind Farm along the cliff tops (large jumps and several billboards)
-The run North from the Wind Farm
-Dead Mans Edge (Super Jump, Flatspin, Airtime - easy 4x multi)
-The Access to the train tracks partway along North Rouse Drive
-The train tracks running West/South West from Read Lane (double barrel roll opportunity!)

Tips wise:

-Speed is NOT important
-Keep an eye on the little 'timer' at the top - make sure it never turns fully red
-Make sure you know where you are going - getting lost will mean crashes which will end your combo
-Save your boost for a quick burst of speed to make a jump or just tap it occasionally to keep the combo going
-Drift where ever possible
-E-Brake turn when you need to get back to a jump - it keeps the combo going
-If you have enough speed Flatspin off every jump you take
-Only Barrel Roll if you confident you can pull off at least one roll in the time you will be airborne

That is quite a bit to remember but should keep you busy for a while. Try to avoid built up areas during stunt runs as more traffic increases the risk for no score benefit

Hope that helps :)

Re: Stuntruns, what I did to get from jump to jump is to hardly use the throttle and keep an eye on the timer, when it turned 3/4 red I would tap the boost, that resets the timer and gives a little speed.

I also used the P12 as it handles well and is fast enough.

I did a lot of Road Rule time runs yesterday and knocked a lot of PS3 people in my friends list of the top spot. (mostly prem, the_dead_parrot, rp2000)

A quick question for you all: I've hardly ever played any game online prior to today because I can't afford XBL. Since recently getting my PS3, I've been able to try BP Freeburn.

So I took my fave car (Hunter Cop Car) and started randomly taking out anyone driving 'without due care and consideration' (!) and for a while I was happy... then it occurred to me - how do I know I'm not spoiling their stunt runs/challenges, etc? I don't own a headset, but those speech bubbles kept appearing from players after I shut them down - maybe they were cursing me! :eek:

I mean, I enjoy playing Cop but I don't want to be a total Pig... ;)

Is there a way, for example, to create a game where 4 players are cops and the others not (sort of like a Marked Man Deathmatch)?

Any tips for online play would be appreciated.

...If only they brought back Burnout 2's pursuit mode... :(

A quick question for you all: I've hardly ever played any game online prior to today because I can't afford XBL. Since recently getting my PS3, I've been able to try BP Freeburn.

So I took my fave car (Hunter Cop Car) and started randomly taking out anyone driving 'without due care and consideration' (!) and for a while I was happy... then it occurred to me - how do I know I'm not spoiling their stunt runs/challenges, etc? I don't own a headset, but those speech bubbles kept appearing from players after I shut them down - maybe they were cursing me! :eek:

I mean, I enjoy playing Cop but I don't want to be a total Pig... ;)

Is there a way, for example, to create a game where 4 players are cops and the others not (sort of like a Marked Man Deathmatch)?

Any tips for online play would be appreciated.

...If only they brought back Burnout 2's pursuit mode... :(

I'm sure people can do stunt runs/races when in freeburn tbh. I know you can mess up someone's attempt at a time road rule though. Not 100% sure but that though :)

Back
Top Bottom