1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Used

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Minibiker, May 22, 2018.

1. EVH

Don

1. You apply for the loan to the value that you want. If it's £6k then apply for £6k unless you want more to cover accessories/insurance etc.
    2. Once granted the loan company transfer you a lump sum. Usually, via bank transfer.
    3. You use your newly acquired wealth to make the purchase as a regular customer
    Normally, that's it. However, I'm sure someone will point it out but if you want to get complex...

You could probably haggle more discount on a PCP deal than a cash buyer (as weird as that sounds) so if you want to complicate things you'd get a loan as per steps 1-3, but agree a deal on PCP with the dealer... then ring the finance company and use your lump sum to pay for the bike after a month. This nets you the discounts that the dealer can offer on new bikes with PCP but it's probably more hassle than it's worth and may not apply to an older bike :p

2. Minibiker

Soldato

Just went on money saving expert to see what it throws back at me, it gave me a list of companies with the details of the loan and then said at the bottom of each one said 0% Elegibility... What does that mean?

3. Diddums

Capodecina

That you have zero chance of getting those loans. Time to sign up to Noddle and Clearscore and sort out your credit profile.

4. Minibiker

Soldato

I have clearscore account and Experian... My experian account shows my score as Fair (738) surely that's good enough for a loan :(

5. Diddums

Capodecina

"Fair" is rubbish. You need good, outstanding or excellent, depending on the jargon they use.

6. EVH

Don

It may be something silly like not having your name on an electoral register or something obscure like a bad mark against you’re address (due to a previous tenant).

Only way to find out is to get a detailed report and go through it :(

7. Minibiker

Soldato

Ahh balls more work needed then, I have no outstanding debts so next months report may change as last month it went up 200 points in one month

8. Minibiker

Soldato

On my Experian account it does say 1 bad alert is that i'm not on the Electoral

9. Diddums

Capodecina

That alone will bump your record considerably.

10. Minibiker

Soldato

Where is the best place to register for this

11. Diddums

Capodecina

Porkies, I'm a ray of sunshine :D

12. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

And at the risk of creating some more:

That's a nice bike, Mini. Good choice!
    Hope you have fun... and of course, I'm sure you know not twist the throttle too far... ;)

13. Minibiker

Soldato

Yeah had 2 Street Triples before and i keep going back.. Absolute blast for what i use it for

14. Freeman

Soldato

See, see! This is how a normal person replies!

:) :p

15. IC3

Sgarrista

If only the good looking ones weren't so expensive...

16. EVH

Don

Local council. Give them a call and register.

Be prepared to have to wait a bit as the tend to update the records over a few months.

17. Fireskull

Sgarrista

18. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

I look forward to being dazzled by the oncoming grin!!

19. Scort

Mobster

Did I miss a ninja edit or something? At what point has any form of aggression come into Nemeses' posts? I've just been plodding through the posts, and could clearly tell "And no I don't work for them in away way what so ever" was a tongue-in-cheek remark; following the numerous bumps for a link to finance :confused:

20. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Cant we all just get along and disagree about whether a 125 is more dangerous or not than a 1000? :)