*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Soldato
No idea mate. I don't follow their forum or anything.

Personally, while it would be a good move, it wouldn't be enough to get me playing this regularly since the core driving experience isn't there - for me at least.
All the things like the awesome lighting, sound and day/night etc are just very tasty icing on a fairly bland cake.

That icing is the only real reason I take a slice of it every now and then :)

Assetto is basically the opposite. A delicious filling inside of a pretty bland cake :D

Associate

wow, harsh!
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/project-cars suggests that 89.3% of reviews are good so think you may have got your facts a bit wrong.
While we're on the subject of facts, your claim that SMS have been investigated multiple times (it was just once and they found nothing wrong incidentally) other than some guys (not SMS) were using the phrase "investment" when it should not have been called so.
I fail to see why exactly you hate the title so much, it's not perfect but at least they are continuing to patch it which is more than you can say for most devs. Whatever they had come up with and regardless of how long it took to release they would never have pleased everyone.
The so-called elite will criticise for it's slightly 'on-rails' feeling even though I doubt that 99.9% of people have ever driven the real thing so are only judging from how the same car feels in other sims? Whether Ben and Nic's feedback on the accuracy of the handling was just paid for or accurate I guess we'll never know.
If they'd have made it into ice racing then very few people would actually buy it as it would be no fun to the majority of players.

Soldato
Dg is Dg :p

Personally, I go by what feels better and I really wanted to like this game... Definitely don't hate it like Dg does though. Just a bit disappointed because it does so much else that I really do think is great.

I'm not sure if any of that is aimed at me, but I don't consider myself elite and generally can't stand the typically anal sim enthusiast fwiw.

Soldato
Some pretty awesome DLC just released:

Tracks

Rouen les Essarts(and short variation)
Silverstone Classic
Hockenheim Classic

Cars

1965 Lotus Type 40 Ford(GT1)
1963 Lotus Type 25 Climax (F1)
1966 Lotus Type 38 Ford (Indy)
1967 Lotus Type 51 (Formula Ford)

£6.19

Pack is worth it for the incredible tracks alone. Cars are also great. Love me some 60's era open wheelers.

Associate
Not particularly fussed about those tbh, i'd assume the tracks (Silverstone & Hockenheim) are going to be matching 60's versions, rather than their 00's versions which are likely to be memorable to most of us.

That said, thats a price which i can at least get behind. When i saw the Assetto Corsa DLC, i said i'd buy it even though i wasnt fussed, simply to support DLC sold at a modest price. TBH, I didnt buy it in the end, i forgot all about it, but the fact that it isnt £10-£14 DLC is something i support at least. But i've barely touched the game in about 2yr and this DLC isnt going to change that, unfortunately. 90's F1 versions of Hock & Silverstone, i'd be more tempted. I do miss the old Hockenheim.

Soldato
Not particularly fussed about those tbh, i'd assume the tracks (Silverstone & Hockenheim) are going to be matching 60's versions, rather than their 00's versions which are likely to be memorable to most of us.

That said, thats a price which i can at least get behind. When i saw the Assetto Corsa DLC, i said i'd buy it even though i wasnt fussed, simply to support DLC sold at a modest price. TBH, I didnt buy it in the end, i forgot all about it, but the fact that it isnt £10-£14 DLC is something i support at least. But i've barely touched the game in about 2yr and this DLC isnt going to change that, unfortunately. 90's F1 versions of Hock & Silverstone, i'd be more tempted. I do miss the old Hockenheim.
This is the 90's Hockenheim.

And the Silverstone is the one from 1990 and back(well, specifically the one from 1986 and back, but the change from 87-90 was fairly minor).

These are the tracks you're looking for it sounds like.

Soldato
Hey chaps, wonder if you could help.

I just went to try my new T300 and old Clubsport V1 pedals on this, and the pedals are completely unrecognised.
When I had the CSR, I just went to edit assignments and simply pressed each pedal to assign them.

Now, they're completely unresponsive and don't register when I try to do it that way.

I've tried T300/Separate pedals as well as the custom wheel and calibration options to no avail.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Never mind, it seems to work now...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I got 6.12 Euros today :)

Why are they giving us money?

I got back 10 Euros a few months ago

Your initial €10 for a junior tool pack was an "investment." The first payment you had was your money back plus 10%

You'll now get a share of the profits every quarter for the first three years after the game's release.

It's paid quarterly because that's how Slightly Mad Studios get paid.

Associate
Bought g29 and then realized that I had no games to play with it, so bought this game. Played only few hours, first impressions is bit weird, GT5 and GT6 on PS3 is better for me. Probably I need few more days to get used to the game.
But there is few annoying bits in the game, like no drift, and if I put the car into drift, it's so hard to control it, GT5/6 was hard but here, it looks like the car just throttles to the full, though pedal isn't all the way down.
My god, how come I can't do a wheel spin with the first gear??? it's like having some kind of limiter, I call that BS, and it ruins my experience.

I think GT6 is going to be the way for me till GT7 is released.

Soldato
I get plenty of wheelspin, if anything this is far from a 'mash the throttle everywhere' racing game, I know the sim Nazis hate it but I think it strikes a nice balance between the arcadey stuff like GT and the super cereal sim analistas.

Soldato
Bought g29 and then realized that I had no games to play with it, so bought this game. Played only few hours, first impressions is bit weird, GT5 and GT6 on PS3 is better for me. Probably I need few more days to get used to the game.
But there is few annoying bits in the game, like no drift, and if I put the car into drift, it's so hard to control it, GT5/6 was hard but here, it looks like the car just throttles to the full, though pedal isn't all the way down.
My god, how come I can't do a wheel spin with the first gear??? it's like having some kind of limiter, I call that BS, and it ruins my experience.

I think GT6 is going to be the way for me till GT7 is released.

Check your traction control settings in the menu.

Soldato
Am I going mental or did there used to be a free look internal camera in cockpit view?

Control settings show right analog stick setup as free look. but nothing happens unless on external view

Back
Top Bottom