*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Associate
Personally I'd still choose PCars, but I like making liveries and taking screenshots.

That said I think Dirt Rally is the better game, its really well done with lots of content now.

Associate
Quick question on this.....backed this way back and have had the 1st instalment of proceeds, but am now wanting to re-download and give it a go as have not played it since 1st backing.

Where do I go to get it and also where can I find out what level I backed it at to start with? Have no idea what I did back then...

Man of Honour
Quick question on this.....backed this way back and have had the 1st instalment of proceeds, but am now wanting to re-download and give it a go as have not played it since 1st backing.

Where do I go to get it and also where can I find out what level I backed it at to start with? Have no idea what I did back then...

Depends which toolpack you bought and also whether you redeemed your Steam key when it was first issued, when the game was still in alpha.

If you didn't redeem the Steam key you where issued in the first place then your percentage discount or full copy of the game, again dependant on which toolpack you bought.

If that's the case then it means you'll have to buy the game either from Steam direct or a key site or retail.

Associate
Depends which toolpack you bought and also whether you redeemed your Steam key when it was first issued, when the game was still in alpha.

If you didn't redeem the Steam key you where issued in the first place then your percentage discount or full copy of the game, again dependant on which toolpack you bought.

If that's the case then it means you'll have to buy the game either from Steam direct or a key site or retail.

Dont have a clue which tool pack I bought and cant remember ever getting a code to redeem on Steam.. I know I haven't redeemed one on there, at least that is something.

Any idea where I can find all this info out?

Associate
Have found it.

Is in the WMD forum profile area.

Seems I backed at €45 and have a Steam Key there...now just have to find out what that €45 level was......

EDIT:- Steam tells me 'Full Member Early Access Comp' and am downloading now....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Next round of payments due around 7th December.

Looks like a good return with expected payments as follows.

Juniors €6.12
Team members €15.3
Full members €27.54
Senior members €61.20.

If that turns out to be the amount paid then from my €100 tool pack I've got all my money back plus €71.20 in profits so far, a full copy of the game, DLC and three years access to the game before release.

I seem to remember someone in this thread saying pCARS would never make a profit.

Caporegime
you laid the bait out ill take...

the games ****

so you made money on a **** game because you backed it early. thats well done. unlike the game.

im kinda sad the project turned out so badly for all the racers who wanted a decent title.

whats worse is the whole scamtastic project because the game made money even though ivestigated for doubious business practices more times than al capone will continue.

why ?

because the game sold well on console at a time when no decent car games were out.

on pc it bombed ! absolutely bombed !

so basically gamers who wanted a car racing sim on console had nothing but pcars to buy they brought into a crap game on the hope it would be good to satisfy a need.

what kind of really saddens me is that because all of the console boys brought the game and read what i put CONSOLE BOYS they will get to do another abortion of a racing game which will be just as terrible.

read the reviews 90 percent are bad only fanboys project it as good.

the real funny thing is no matter what arguments are put forward no matter how well written IT BOMBED ON PC !

bombed.

for eg dirt rally last month sold more on pc than pcars did in month of its life.its not even on console thats the BS you buying into.

so congrats on making a profit off console users i hope the pc title works out well.

Caporegime
I think the clock needs rewinding a year.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27067935&postcount=2496

you dont have to care as i said look at the games status. what i said has come true the games struggling.

hate my responses all you want, its true.

when game bombs just remember who told you it would bomb nearly two years ago . ;).

I don't hate your responses because you are predicting failure, nor do I hate them because you even speak of the game. I hate your responses because you just don't shut up. Everyone has at one point said this game will fail, I said it 5 years ago, as did many others. You're very late to the party, and you are just so up yourself you can't see that you are repeating what has already been said a million times before.

Meanwhile, against the expectations of many people, the development of the game has continued. Some of us are intrigued by this (for various reasons) and take a mild interest into where it will go.

You have taken a disliking to the game, but unlike the countless masses that have quietly left this game behind, satisfied that just not playing is all the action that is needed, you rabbit on about how awful the handling is (and little else) and are on a personal vendetta against this game. Like some errant child trying to convince everyone (and yourself) that quitting the game is the right thing to do. You are clearly embarrassed by anyone that gets even an iota of enjoyment out of the game because it doesn't comply with your prophecy, so you bark your usual crap - tell everyone you are going to leave, whilst looking over your shoulder to see if anyone is actually going to follow you, and when they don't you run right back to start again.

Pathetic.

Man of Honour

the games ****

so you made money on a **** game because you backed it early. thats well done. unlike the game.

im kinda sad the project turned out so badly for all the racers who wanted a decent title.

whats worse is the whole scamtastic project because the game made money even though ivestigated for doubious business practices more times than al capone will continue.

why ?

because the game sold well on console at a time when no decent car games were out.

so basically gamers who wanted a car racing sim on console had nothing but pcars to buy they brought into a crap game on the hope it would be good to satisfy a need.

what kind of really saddens me is that because all of the console boys brought the game and read what i put CONSOLE BOYS they will get to do another abortion of a racing game which will be just as terrible.

read the reviews 90 percent are bad only fanboys project it as good.

the real funny thing is no matter what arguments are put forward no matter how well written IT BOMBED ON PC !

bombed.

for eg dirt rally last month sold more on pc than pcars did in month of its life.its not even on console thats the BS you buying into.

so congrats on making a profit off console users i hope the pc title works out well.

PC revenues 4.5 million
Console revenue (PS4 and Xbox One) 10.5 million

So actually the PC version was almost on par with the console sales.

Last edited:
Associate

IT BOMBED ON PC !

for eg dirt rally last month sold more on pc than pcars did in month of its life.

Dirt Rally 186,740
Assetto Corsa 276,171

Project Cars 282,885

Steam spy obviously doesn't take console sales into account, so where exactly did Project Cars "bombed on PC" come from?

Disclaimer: This post is in no way suggesting that any of the above games are better or worse than another of the others. Nor that SteamSpy is the most accurate source of sales information in the world. It is merely to show that Dg might be talking cobblers :)

Soldato
Project Cars isn't flawless, but overall it's a pretty great sim, with a nice variety of cars and especially tracks with a AAA presentation.

I'm very happy with it. And I like that the devs continue to support it.

There's really no perfect or complete package sim out right now, unfortunately.

Soldato
I gave it another try last night and jumped in the Z4 GT3, as it's what I'm currently racing in an Assetto series.

While it lacked the FFB detail, it did have much better centre resistance and general 'force' at default in game settings.
Other than that though, the handling/physics felt relatively arcadey - even with all assists off. That's not to say it wasn't fun or involving.
Perhaps some of that can be dialled out with custom ffb settings, which is a bit of a mission IMO.
Sound was and always has been a lot better in pcars. I do like that.

Basically, I'd love to have Assetto's driving and modability coupled with pcars lighting and sound.
As above, there's no perfect package in a racing sim right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom