*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Soldato
I have both and each has its own strengths. I think cars is a much more polished overall game and doesn't rely on mods to flesh out the content. AC has better ffb imo. I use a g27 and it has its own profile in game so support is good there. Can't comment on the g25

Soldato
Picked this up yesterday, really enjoying sigle player so far (despite multiple crashes and restarts)

But whenever I look to play online it seems like there are next to no players in the lobbies - am I missing something?

Started off looking specifically for low skill level games, of which there were none, but even when I open the search right up there only seems to be maybe 10 games with more than one player

Soldato
Picked this up yesterday, really enjoying sigle player so far (despite multiple crashes and restarts)

But whenever I look to play online it seems like there are next to no players in the lobbies - am I missing something?

Started off looking specifically for low skill level games, of which there were none, but even when I open the search right up there only seems to be maybe 10 games with more than one player

Check the online car filter, it currently defaults to "current" car class, rather than "any." ;)

Soldato
It bugs me that everyone just wants to race GT3. I like racing the classic cars and old open wheel cars. I do wish there was a bit more variety there.

Soldato
Ah will have a check, though I thought I had turned that off as I had started on the karts at the time. Does it resey every time the game is started?

Yeah I expected there to be a fair mix of cars and skill sets. I don't know half the tracks so don't want to ruin the game for anyone who takes it that bit more seriously

Soldato
Don't worry about that. You only get good by racing more experienced drivers. Just get stuck into some GT3 or start your own lobby with a short practice session to mess about in while you wait for it to fill up. I like racing the old Caterham on california highway

Soldato
To be honest after playing assetto corsa for 50 hours, project cars has mediocre physics, sort of a cross between a sim and arcade.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't even notice I got a payment from SMS. I had no idea in pre-purchasing the game those years ago would return in payments in the future!

Haven't played the game for a while though, moved house last month and haven't setup my G27 properly.

How is it getting on?

Soldato
Haven't played the game for a while though, moved house last month and haven't setup my G27 properly.

How is it getting on?
Lots of good quality-of-life improvements. Good content additions. Still some annoying issues persist, though.

I just got out of a session where I spent over 30 minutes trying to get through one lap. Just one darn lap. Did qualifying at Zolder in the Formula C, 2nd qualifying session, and was about 3/4's of a second faster than the field, even on max AI difficulty. So I was pretty sure I had pole in the bag. So 1 minute left, I didn't have a better lap in me, so I simulate remainder of session and skip to the end. Except suddenly I'm 1.2 seconds back and in 13th for some reason.

This has happened to me several times when I try and skip to the end of a qualifying sessions. Some bug that gives the AI ridiculous time advantages and kills your position, even if you were dominating on the hardest difficulty.

Ok whatever. I'll deal with that in the race and have some fun. But nope. Cant even get through one lap. I'm either getting punted off somewhere in the first few corners or I get divebombed at some point afterwards, crashing into me. I'm not a cautious braker, either. One of the peculiarities of this game's AI is that they can actually brake ok, which is usually a weakness in most sim racing AI. Problem is, they seem to be programmed to just attack you under the brakes no matter if they're anywhere near you. Doesn't matter if they wouldn't be able to make the corner, they just divebomb you. Doesn't matter if you take a defending line, they'll just crash into you or smash into you on the outside as you enter the corner, even if I've deliberately left them room.

It's bullcrap, honestly. I dont need to win the race, but I need to place well. Top 5 at least. But I just cant get through one single lap without having my whole race ruined. Cant do it. 75% of the time I just taken out in the first corners. The rest of the time, they slam into me under the brakes.

It's absolutely infuriating. I must have tried like 20 times.

Again reaffirms to me that if you want good racing, go online. Yes, you'll still deal with plenty of incompetent racers there, but at least you stand a chance of getting some good, clean competition. Most of the time I destroy the AI, so that's no fun as it is, and it's even worse when I'm in the pack and it's just impossible to race them cleanly or properly.

Sorry for the vent, but that was super annoying. Only had so much time to game and I felt like it all just went to waste.

Associate
ranting!.

I feel your pain I really do. Not so long back I had exactly the same thing, 20 times or more and u tried different cars and tracks too but every time it was a complete joke.

Shame, I've not bothered with the career mode as a result. I still like it for aesthetics and hot lapping alone but when new cars get released as paid dlc then process to smash themselves into the pit exit wall before I'm even allowed control of it I have to question what the devs are playing at.

At £20 you can get your monies worth, just expect some bugs and poor AI.

Associate
I feel your pain I really do. Not so long back I had exactly the same thing, 20 times or more and u tried different cars and tracks too but every time it was a complete joke.

Shame, I've not bothered with the career mode as a result. I still like it for aesthetics and hot lapping alone but when new cars get released as paid dlc then process to smash themselves into the pit exit wall before I'm even allowed control of it I have to question what the devs are playing at.

At £20 you can get your monies worth, just expect some bugs and poor AI.

Cheers for the advice mate.

Back
Top Bottom