Call of Duty 2016 - Includes COD4 remaster

Associate
Damn shame you can't just get the Cod4 remaster.

It shows how scared they are that IW could be the worst in terms of sales in the franchise, so they have to resort to cheap ploys to try and prop it up.

Want the COD4 remaster but I'll be damned if I'm paying for IW for the pleasure.

I'm sure it's grand for those who like the way COD has gone but I can't stand all the jetpacks/wall running/gadgets/etc. It's not what COD was about.

Playing Black Ops 3 MP and the opposing team line-up looks like Halo mixed with League of Legends, FFS.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Just loaded up Cod4 remaster MP (not wasting my time with that IW rubbish)

and fair play to them a fov slider from the start and they seem to be using some kind of built in DSR my current resolution is 3620x2036

game runs and loosk great on my SLI 980 Ti might even disable one of the gpus

using an IPS ROG Swift

Soldato
Just played the first three missions, looks great and feels absolutely great. Crew Expendable is still and outstanding mission. Top Notch.

Flawless performance maxed out so far (haven't been able to say that about a game in years!). Except when it's loading a level it seems to stall at about 90% and then crawls along for the last bit so you're waiting after the intro instead of going straight in, which is jarring and annoying. It's on a quick SSD - can anything be done to speed this up?

Associate
No you don't have to download IW, they run standalone on Steam anyway. I am playing MWR but have not downloaded IW (and won't if it performs like 'Advanced' Warfare).

It doesn't perform the best tbh I got many drops from 100+ down to 60 which is annoying also gynsc doesn't seem to work either when in the area.

Soldato
Umm something weird going on here.

IW runs absolutely fine, nice and smooth.

MWRM lags like hell with vsync enabled, all movement lags slightly behind the controls for some reason. If I turn off vsync then the lag disappears but the framerate seems really low, certainly nothing like IW.

What gives? How can the old remaster be running slower than the new game? Can I get an FPS counter in MW to check the actual framerate?

Soldato
Umm something weird going on here.

IW runs absolutely fine, nice and smooth.

MWRM lags like hell with vsync enabled, all movement lags slightly behind the controls for some reason. If I turn off vsync then the lag disappears but the framerate seems really low, certainly nothing like IW.

What gives? How can the old remaster be running slower than the new game? Can I get an FPS counter in MW to check the actual framerate?

Steam on screen display as fps counter

Associate
I use my x34 refresh rate counter which works great for a fps one too lol.

im updating my drivers as the above i last posted could be down to that as i downgraded due to issues with titanfall 2 and bf1 fps see if it helps with this.

*edit just updated to 375.70 and its loads better now 100 maxed out via refresh rate so anyone with issues make sure you update*

Game note made me quit when the wall running started after playing titanfall 2 such a rip haha :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm loving this tbh, so many good memories!

They just don't make maps like these anymore.

What's also nice is being able to get 6v6 games. PC just turned into S&D servers or 120+ players or something equally pointless.

Soldato
MP runs flawlessly but can't get SP to run.

I'm getting 'disk read error patch_ui'.

I've verified game files in Steam.

Any ideas?

Soldato
One thing that won't get noticed but I appreciated it and that was both IW and MWR have very similar layouts in the options menu.

Being as it takes me about an hour or more going through game options I appreciate the default layout across both games lol.

Soldato
This runs unbelievably bad for me in MWR but the new IW runs fine. Multiplayer stutters all over the place and only stops when vsync is on but then it lags the mouse badly and is generally pants. properly disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom