Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Being such a big game it need it's own proper discussion thread. Judging by the beta and various reviews, this game is going to be immense. Yes single player isn't the longest but multi player is where it's at. 18 players, Intense as you like and simply jaw dropping visuals. :D

A few reviews...

IGN PS3 Review 9.4
IGN Xbox 360 Review 9.4
GameTrailers Video Review 9.4
Games Rankings 360 Currently 96% average
Games Rankings PS3 Currently 95% average

I think it's fair to say that this game is going to be pretty ******* good. MP is just going be superb and I can see a few late nights coming up. :D

Seems like infinity ward have done a very good job with this one,

Closing Comments
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a fantastic game. The single-player experience is easily Infinity Ward's best work to date. Calling it intense may be an understatement. The overall story is standard action movie fare, but the relationships built over the short five hours of play are surprisingly strong. Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.

9.0 Presentation
If this is war, consider me a future draft-dodger.
10 Graphics
From top to bottom, one of the best-looking console games around.
9.5 Sound
The explosions will shake you; the constant sounds of gunfire will put you on edge. The end song is an added bonus and properly immortalizes the unfortunate phrase, "Go deep and hard."
9.5 Gameplay
An excellent shooter that is as intense an experience as you can find in gaming. The multiplayer is also top-notch.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
The single-player experience is brief, but there are many other things that will hold your attention once the campaign is complete.
Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Infinity Ward has done it again. Call of Duty 4 is a winner.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/832/832797p4.html

Think the 360 review is exactly the same word for word.

Soldato
OP
cmon whats better PS3 or 360 ???

who has the edge in graphics here.

Well seems like there getting the same scores, one mag gave the PS3 0.1 more (lol) they gave the 360 9.5 for gfx and 9.5 for the MP and on the PS3 9.7 for GFX and 9.3 for mp. Im sure thats gonna make a big difference! Anyway its great on all platforms, well not seen the DS version yet, so just get which ever!

Soldato
OP
Thread Merge. Hope you don't mind having Andersons post in your first post msmalls74, just thought if it was an official thread then it would be nice to have a range of reviews rather than just the IGN one now (as that was the first released IIRC).

Hey no probs makes more sense to me! There wasnt an official thread or i would have posted it in that, keeps the place a bit tidier:) .

Soldato
OP
Got the game this morning with Lego star wars (all PS3), I only played the MP bit for about an hour. Its excellent, was getting shot to bit at first but after a couple of games i got the hang of it (oh reading the manual helps a bit lol), think im up to level 5 now. Some people on the PS3 version are like level 22 or so, well the ones i played against were lol, but managed to get 4th in couple of games so getting better. Does not seem to be a way to have games with lower level gamers if you see what i mean, my first games i was up against 2 blokes at level 22 and 1 at 16, bit hard when they have a lot more of the nice toys. Still a great MP game not tried the single player yet though.

Soldato
OP
Is there some sort of restrictions in terms of skill matching? Sometimes im kicked out of games randomly (me level 5, rest 40s+) then others i'll stay in against 50s, 30s whatever, dont quite understand whats going on as im pretty good but have only started being able to play :(

The matching seems a bit off in the MP, i had a team with me at level 27 a couple of other 20's and 30's and one who was level 5. We against a team of 3 at 50+ at the rest 40's, we got killed lol. Happened a few times doesnt always seem to make sense sometimes its been in my favour others not, any way doesnt detract for how much fun it is online, ive only gone past the TV station bit in the SP game.

Back
Top Bottom