Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Caporegime
Thread Merge. Hope you don't mind having Andersons post in your first post msmalls74, just thought if it was an official thread then it would be nice to have a range of reviews rather than just the IGN one now (as that was the first released IIRC).

Soldato
anyone confirm if you do keep you BETA rank? or if levelling is slower in the full game compared to the BETA as rumoured to be?

need to get some OcUK deathmatches on the go for this i feel!

Caporegime
You'll have to start again. I've never known of any Beta keeping the ranks. It's a system test, once they know the system works they'll reset them to scratch and start again, likely with slower levelling.

Soldato
OP
Thread Merge. Hope you don't mind having Andersons post in your first post msmalls74, just thought if it was an official thread then it would be nice to have a range of reviews rather than just the IGN one now (as that was the first released IIRC).

Hey no probs makes more sense to me! There wasnt an official thread or i would have posted it in that, keeps the place a bit tidier:) .

Caporegime
It's definitely more than 5 hours, at least it is on Veteran apparently.

Yeah I imagine it would take me more than 5 hours but in all honesty from what i played on the beta I cant see people playing this is under a month on MP.

It's just more OCuk shiny new game syndrome :D The single player only achievements get rid of half the MP user base on here, once they are done they never load a game in again ;)

As I said I still can't see what this offers new to Graw or R6. If you don't play those on MP what makes a person think they will play Cod on MP?

Again i'm not dissing the game I just dont understand the logic in buying a game type if you didnt play the other generic war shooters much or at all.

Save yourself the cash and just play R6 on multiplayer. It has loads more features and is more realistic. I mean if your gonna shoot me with a rifle you aint gonna sidestep around the corner are you? ;)

Caporegime
Seriously? I can only hope!

Im sick and tired of people on Halo at the start of the game in the lobby saying "Anyone needing achievements?". I check there gamerscore and its around 500 points :p

Josh

I'm sick and tired off achievements full stop. You get desperados sending you random messages asking you to help get some arbitary achievement so they can say they played the game the way Microsoft/publisher/developer wanted to play, to boast about their score. It seems this gen people have lost the ability to enjoy the games themselves without using a flawed Achievements system.

Can't think I will be getting this game, far too many FPS games on the 360 and this doesn't stand out in any unique way. Staying away from PS3 version as I have too many games coming for that soon and I suspect the game will be the same as the 360 only with better online (more players per game).

rp200

Soldato
got this on preorder, halo 3 has been great fun but im a cod player at heart (cod1 and 2 online pc) and my pc can't cope. I was very impressed with the way the beta worked, hopefully get an ocuk clan going?

Soldato
I have avoided these games like Medal of Honor over the years but the Beta really opened my eyes to what a fantastic game this could be. I honestly think this could replace Halo 3 online for me.

I cant afford it but I shall be buying as soon as I finish work on Friday. Cant wait. :)

Man of Honour
Save yourself the cash and just play R6 on multiplayer. It has loads more features and is more realistic. I mean if your gonna shoot me with a rifle you aint gonna sidestep around the corner are you? ;)

I had R6 and played online quite a bit, but after playing the COD4 Beta as much as I did, I simply couldn't get back into it. R6 just felt too slow and clunky to me afterwards. It's a great game no doubt, but my own personal preference is for the COD4 MP rather the R6's.

Soldato
Please don't make this into another 360 v's PS3 thread but i've just read that rumour has it that the PS3 version is 'graphically better' than the 360 version.

Might swing it for people still deciding what format to buy it on.

Soldato
Please don't make this into another 360 v's PS3 thread but i've just read that rumour has it that the PS3 version is 'graphically better' than the 360 version.

Might swing it for people still deciding what format to buy it on.

LOL so why mention it?

For 5 hours SP gametime I will take the superior online part in any case :D

Soldato
LOL so why mention it?

Because i'm sure there are still people still making there minds up on which platform to buy it on, and something as simple as that might swing it for some of them.

For 5 hours SP gametime I will take the superior online part in any case :D

Me too :D

Edit: IMO there will probably be absolutely no difference to the human eye between the versions as they were both developed simutaneously - so no ports, which is a good thing, other dev's should take note. I'm simply repeating what I've read.

Caporegime
I wasn't much a fan of the first one, but the second one blew me away. SP was too easy, but multiplayer was amazing.

Ah you fell into my trap ;) I was hoping for you Nokkon mate when I made my post :D Now you as a SP whore loved Graw MP but never played or play it. So why bother with another mostly multiplayer game?

I bet you never play it more than once or twice. The SP you will burn through for the points and then have it sitting there.

Mass effect will be out a week or two later and no one will be playing anything online when thats rears it's head :D

Davey I understand the bit about it being slower but for me the days should be long gone where you sidestep round a wall to shoot someone. R6 was perfect with the cover system and the maps where hugely varied.

Sure COD will have it's hardcore fans but i've seen nothing to suggest anyone will be playing it once the next game comes out in a few days.

It's a rental game i'm sure :D

Back
Top Bottom