Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Soldato
Well now we've fixed the killstreaks I think we should move onto the maps. I suggest instead of many different areas that all lead into each we should just cut out the middleman and make every map a Roman style amphitheatre. After all, who wants to be running round looking for enemies when you can just make every map a giant oval. :cool:

Kinda like Afghan from MW2, that was like a big bowl almost!

Caporegime
OP
Well this is interesting.

Speaking with IGN, Activision Publishing’s CEO, Eric Hirshberg, confirmed Sledgehammer’s upcoming Call of Duty game is being developed primarily for next-gen platforms. The news came after last week’s earnings call, during which Activision revealed that Sledgehammer was developing 2014’s Call of Duty game.

“Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development,” says Hirschberg. “Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process…. Now that we have the next-gen hardware out in the marketplace and solid, that is our primary development.”

Soldato
That's certainly good news. I do think Ghosts suffered a bit on PS4/X1 because it was cross gen and I think they will have concentrated more on last gen simply because of probably sales figures.
Hopefully it will means this years game actually looks "next gen" instead of slightly better last gen.

Soldato
I thought this thread was about 2014 COD. Seems its just another COD bashing thread *yawn*.

Theres currently a post on the CODGhosts subreddit titled "I really like this game" which many here should read :D

Associate
I think blops2 got a lot of hate and rightly so. The game was broken. How it was so much worse than blops1 was beyond me.

Blops2 has it's problems (i.e op shotguns,snipers,pistols) but it is still x100 times more enjoyable than ghost IMO. I have gone back to blops 2 and having lot of fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think blops2 got a lot of hate and rightly so. The game was broken. How it was so much worse than blops1 was beyond me.

That's what disappointed me the most about Blops 2 I think. I really liked Blops 1 so was looking forward to Blops 2 and it was just a letdown.

Sorry "pretty decent"?! It's utter garbage, I'm sorry but there isn't any other way of putting it :eek:

I disagree. Ghosts is the best COD since BO1 IMO.

Blops2 has it's problems (i.e op shotguns,snipers,pistols) but it is still x100 times more enjoyable than ghost IMO. I have gone back to blops 2 and having lot of fun.
Blops 2 suffered from poor maps, extremely poor match making, crap spawning. If they'd sorted out the match making/host selection the game would have been awesome, but Treyarch refused to admit there were problems. I did like the weapon selection in the game as it's probably the only COD where I liked nearly every weapon.

Associate
Blops 2 suffered from poor maps, extremely poor match making, crap spawning. If they'd sorted out the match making/host selection the game would have been awesome, but Treyarch refused to admit there were problems. I did like the weapon selection in the game as it's probably the only COD where I liked nearly every weapon.

Maps, All the blops2 maps apart from Drone&Aftermath are better than ghost maps ie Standoff,Raid,slums.Spawning is worst I have seen in ghost compare to any COD game so far.

Soldato
I can only play blops2 for a couple of games before the op shotguns, snipers, pistols and c4s everywhere causes me to rage quit. The icing on the cake is being spawn killed by a lightning strike and the insta death. The game almost trolls you. Oh and target finder lmgs baby!

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Maps, All the blops2 maps apart from Drone&Aftermath are better than ghost maps ie Standoff,Raid,slums.Spawning is worst I have seen in ghost compare to any COD game so far.

The maps in BO2 were too small. The only ones I liked were Overflow and Yemen. Although a couple in the first DLC were ok - Mirage and Grind. And spawning has been utterly dreadful in every COD since & including MW3.

The icing on the cake is being spawn killed by a lightning strike and the insta death. The game almost trolls you. Oh and target finder lmgs baby!

I used to get spawn killed multiple times by Killstreaks on that bloody game. One game I was killed 2 times by a single Lightning Strike(I played HC KC which had instant spawns).

Associate
I can only play blops2 for a couple of games before the op shotguns, snipers, pistols and c4s everywhere causes me to rage quit. The icing on the cake is being spawn killed by a lightning strike and the insta death. The game almost trolls you. Oh and target finder lmgs baby!

You don't like C4s do you, here is a pro tip for you next time use flak jacket :p, C4s are great for rush heavy play style.

Soldato
I thought this thread was about 2014 COD. Seems its just another COD bashing thread *yawn*.

Theres currently a post on the CODGhosts subreddit titled "I really like this game" which many here should read :D

It's not COD bashing, I really like COD. It's okay to poke fun at it though and not take everything so serious :)

Back
Top Bottom