1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by antijoke, Mar 7, 2018.

1. steinooo

Mobster

First time I've played cod in ages. Does anyone feel the performance is a little lacking? Fps wise. I've got an Xbox one s

2. robfosters

Caporegime

Where’s the cheapest place to pick this up from guys? Had a look, but can’t find anything under £47. Thought it would be cheaper by now.

3. antijoke

Caporegime

What platform? There’s an Xbox copy in the members market for £30

4. robfosters

Caporegime

PS4, and it’s got to be new and sealed as it’s a present.

5. Zico

Mobster

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  6. robfosters

Caporegime

7. steinooo

Mobster

I'll rephrase.

I play CoD split screen in both MP (mainly Kill confirmed) and zombies, and specifically when choosing your class e.g. "Battery", it's like i'm playing it on a PC with a CPU or GPU which is too poor. Sometimes in game it doesn't feel like it's coded optimally for the graphics on show too - No-one else finding this?

8. Chris1712

Sgarrista

Yes splitscreen is subpar on all platforms. It's asking a lot of the hardware and just can't keep up, split screen Blackout is even worse. Just play single player, lovely 60fps.

9. nicktay2605

Mobster

Split screen has been broken since launch, it's a big reason why I sold the game. I don't buy the excuse that it's too taxing on the system, CoD:WWII split screen was perfect, it didn't feel any different to regular MP in terms of graphical fidelity and performance. Sure, BO4 is a bit more impressive to look at, but I don't see a reason it should be so much worse than WWII. I could have lived with the poor graphics on split screen MP but the huge black bars and the awful framerate were too much.

10. antijoke

Caporegime

Are you kidding me?

11. steinooo

Mobster

:( I wish I'd have looked this up prior, I dropped £50 on this last week and it's already plummeted to £35!

The black bars are stupid but I had them in BLOPS3 and put >200hrs into that so I can cope, but the frame rate seems silly bad

It's no good solution to "just play SP" as I only play CoD with my wife!

12. Chris1712

Sgarrista

Sounds like the powers that be want you to buy a 2nd PS4 ;). In fairness it is in the DigitalFoundry analysis, but yeah wouldn't expect everyone to look into these things. I just assumed that split screen was crap on the old ones too? I have rose tinted glasses of Goldeneye / Halo etc. split screen but in reality they were running 15-20 fps!

13. steinooo

Mobster

funnily enough back in the day of MW and WaW, that's exactly what I used to do, 2 x xbox 360s, 2 x gold subs, 2 x tvs in the living room!!! :D

The splitscreen on previous ones like WW2 was near perfect, I don't get why they can't get it right consistently.

14. Chris1712

Sgarrista

At least nowadays it could actually be better value, game sharing + psn sharing so you only need 1 sub and 1 copy (albeit digital) et voila ;). Sounds like you need a Pro for yourself and then hand down the PS4 for Christmas?

15. steinooo

Mobster

very true, alas 2 tvs in the new room wouldn't work :( i am going to have another go with black ops 4 this weekend on splitscreen and try to block out all these comments and pretend everything is fine lol

16. Andybtsn

Don

How me and the missis play, 2 Pros in the room :)

17. steinooo

Mobster

haha cool! Bet that's hard to explain to non gamers, especially when you tell them the price! Have you tried splitscreen and agree it's bad?

18. ricky1981

Mobster

Takes me back to my first house-share, we had 3 TVs and a projector in the lounge, made for some fantastic COD/Halo nights. I am not sure that 10+ years later my other half would go for that idea anymore, not quite sure how she put up with it at the time!

19. Andybtsn

Don

We've had a similar setup of Xboxes, PC's and now PS4 so never had to resort to split screen unless friends round for a laugh.

20. antijoke

Caporegime

Lol, I was in a stream of someone from DooM clan last night, my team got smashed as I knew what was going down, so I just sat back and tried to watch the objectives, I think I got under his skin a little. Was quite fun though to be fair.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/338982935?t=02h06m02s