Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I read leaks from a streamer suggesting that the movement speeds are more on par with COD4 and slide cancelling has been removed. It appears the discussion has been removed though. Take that with a large pinch of salt though.
Is COD4 movement slower (never played it personally)? I was hoping for it to be slightly faster than MW2019.

Soldato
Is COD4 movement slower (never played it personally)? I was hoping for it to be slightly faster than MW2019.
I would say slower than MW2019 if memory serves me right. However, I guess we shall see in the coming months, Is there not meant to be some gameplay footage released soon for multiplayer along with WZ2 information?

Associate
I'd say COD4 movement was a similar speed to MW19 (without tac-sprint) it has been a minute though... interested to see if they do remove slide cancelling and whether they keep tac-sprint if so.

Soldato
I would've thought CoD4 was faster than MW19. I haven't played CoD4 in a few years though. I quite like the pace of MW19.

Really looking forward to MW2 though. Just getting a few more guns in Obsidian to pass the time with MW19. I Really couldn't care less about WZ2 but I just hope they nail the multiplayer of MW2 and give more 10v10 maps.

Associate
I'd say COD4 movement was a similar speed to MW19 (without tac-sprint) it has been a minute though... interested to see if they do remove slide cancelling and whether they keep tac-sprint if so.
I personally felt like MW19 movement speed was perfect when using dead silence, so would prefer a tweak in the faster direction. It MW22 is any slower than MW19 and gets rid of slide cancelling then I'm not sure I'll be up for that, as it just makes the game very camper-friendly and means that any time you try to cross an open area you're very liable to get hosed down by someone sitting in a corner (which happens enough in MW19 as it is).
I'll need to see some footage before deciding if it's for me or not.

Soldato
I wonder if they'll bring back my favourite change in MW2.... Shotguns as secondary weapons. Running around with an Intervention sniper rifle and Spas-12 shotgun felt like such an OP class.

Associate
I wonder if they'll bring back my favourite change in MW2.... Shotguns as secondary weapons. Running around with an Intervention sniper rifle and Spas-12 shotgun felt like such an OP class.
Nah, I've developed a strong dislike for shotguns. I only use them now when someone is owning me on Shipment with one, in a kind of 'if you can't beat them, join them' way.

Soldato
Nah, I've developed a strong dislike for shotguns. I only use them now when someone is owning me on Shipment with one, in a kind of 'if you can't beat them, join them' way.
I love a good shotgun on the right map.

I've no idea why it riles people up so much though. You have to be close enough for them to be effective otherwise they're pointless. I must admit, the vitriol i get from using them often encourages me to use them more often

Associate
I love a good shotgun on the right map.

I've no idea why it riles people up so much though. You have to be close enough for them to be effective otherwise they're pointless. I must admit, the vitriol i get from using them often encourages me to use them more often
Yeah fair enough - I probably exaggerated how much I dislike them. Going up a team of SG'ers on Shipment can be a bit much but most of the time it's not an issue.

Soldato
Ok so played warzone last night and in almost every game was killed by a hacker.

Might be best to leave this season for a couple of weeks until the hackers complete the battle pass and then play. Before the end of last season it was fine and can hand on heart say that we could do duos and trios for 5 hours straight without meeting sus players.

Last night was an entirely different story. For example, dropped in and used a redeploy balloon and got no scoped out of the air with 2 headshots from a ground loot sniper while he was mid reload!

Terrible! What is going on with anti cheat these days

Soldato
Ok so played warzone last night and in almost every game was killed by a hacker.

Might be best to leave this season for a couple of weeks until the hackers complete the battle pass and then play. Before the end of last season it was fine and can hand on heart say that we could do duos and trios for 5 hours straight without meeting sus players.

Last night was an entirely different story. For example, dropped in and used a redeploy balloon and got no scoped out of the air with 2 headshots from a ground loot sniper while he was mid reload!

Terrible! What is going on with anti cheat these days
How do you know it was a hacker? I'm winning about 70% of battles, either people are useless at hacking or im it terrible lobbys, maybe both

Soldato
On day 1 of the new patch the same hacker was in 4 games in a row of the LTM last stand mode or whatever it's called. I didn't think it was hacking at first just a bit of lucky aim assist but my mate was like 'wait a second I don't think that's aim assist!'
A closer look and he was right, the player moved around like a bit of a noob but was extremely accurate with 2/3 headshot rate :p Bit of a fail to see ricochet fail on day 1 of a new season but on the whole it has helped a lot.

Soldato
On day 1 of the new patch the same hacker was in 4 games in a row of the LTM last stand mode or whatever it's called. I didn't think it was hacking at first just a bit of lucky aim assist but my mate was like 'wait a second I don't think that's aim assist!'
A closer look and he was right, the player moved around like a bit of a noob but was extremely accurate with 2/3 headshot rate :p Bit of a fail to see ricochet fail on day 1 of a new season but on the whole it has helped a lot.

well you only have your self to blame after 1 game :D

you can block them.... you then get a warning if someone is on you ban list next time you lobby

Soldato
well you only have your self to blame after 1 game :D

you can block them.... you then get a warning if someone is on you ban list next time you lobby
How do you block someone? I only get the report for cheating, language and stuff.
It would be much better if you could block from that menu. All the suspected hackers would then end up playing in lobbys together or with no one at all :D

Soldato
Simple rule of thumb in online FPS, if it's free access, cheaters will be rampant. It's why I don't touch most BR's.

I think they should separate and make the BR portion of MW2 paid for, Like £25 or something, That way it keeps out those cheaters who just make new accounts and rinse/repeat. If they have to keep buying accounts, But we know that wont ever happen, The games company can earn far more money from a F2P game full of Micro rip offs.

Back
Top Bottom