Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I started playing this last night and so far so good.

However, this morning I decided to play a bit before work and had two separate CTD moments. The thing is though there was no error, no message, not even a black screen. The game just freezes for a few breaths and then back to desktop. The Blizzard App says its still running for a few beats and then the Play button appears again ready to go.

I Googled it of course and it seems common but finding a solution was the hard part, has anyone here had anything similar?

My specs are as follows...

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150
Gigabyte Z87-HD3 Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
TeamGroup Vulcan ORANGE 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C11 2400MHz
GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SATA 2.5" SSD (Games are installed to this drive)
Samsung 120GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gbs Basic (Windows installed to this drive)
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gbs 64MB Cache
Windows 10
MSI OPTIX AG32CQ 32" Monitor (144hz, 1440p)

This morning I updated my drivers to the latest from the Nvidia website but I didn't get a chance to try it again.

Anyone been in this situation and found a solution.

Thank you in advance.
I've not checked but is this game in the nvidia experience app? Try opening it and optimising it from there and press play so it opens through the app?
I had a few problems with fps drops I had it maxed out pretty much and on the slider it says I was only using 5 out of 8GB of my 1070. Moved everything to high instead of ultra and never had a problem since.

Soldato
I started playing this last night and so far so good.

However, this morning I decided to play a bit before work and had two separate CTD moments. The thing is though there was no error, no message, not even a black screen. The game just freezes for a few breaths and then back to desktop. The Blizzard App says its still running for a few beats and then the Play button appears again ready to go.

I Googled it of course and it seems common but finding a solution was the hard part, has anyone here had anything similar?

My specs are as follows...

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150
Gigabyte Z87-HD3 Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
TeamGroup Vulcan ORANGE 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C11 2400MHz
GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SATA 2.5" SSD (Games are installed to this drive)
Samsung 120GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gbs Basic (Windows installed to this drive)
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gbs 64MB Cache
Windows 10
MSI OPTIX AG32CQ 32" Monitor (144hz, 1440p)

This morning I updated my drivers to the latest from the Nvidia website but I didn't get a chance to try it again.

Anyone been in this situation and found a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds to me like its crashing due to cpu/gpu overclock, more than likely gpu... is yours overclocked? If so, set it to stock clocks and try again

Edit - A 14GB update!?!?

Last edited:
Associate
Same:o xbox as well

WHAT’S NEW:

• New Operator: Nikto
  • New Maps!
    • Shipment
    • Vacant
    • Winter Docks (Winter themed ‘Docks’ 2v2 map)
  • Playlist Update!
    • Vacant and Shipment 24/7
    • Cranked
    • Gunfight is back!
  • New Special Operation! “Strongbox”
  • New Classic Special Operation Missions! “Disinform” and “Bomb Squad”

Permabanned

i had this problem, there was a DX12 error and lots have this problem.

go to GPU setting and drop everything to minimum play a few games, then go back to setting and reset defaults.
I dont know why but this fixed it for me and a few of my friends

Soldato
I feel like Vacant has been made much bigger? It feels about 1.5x maybe even 2x the size of the original.

Enjoyed my matches on Vacant but Shipment is even more of a cluster-F than it used to be. The amount of kills i got cause someone spawned in front of my gun was ridiculous. And vice versa

Soldato
I feel like Vacant has been made much bigger? It feels about 1.5x maybe even 2x the size of the original.

Enjoyed my matches on Vacant but Shipment is even more of a cluster-F than it used to be. The amount of kills i got cause someone spawned in front of my gun was ridiculous. And vice versa

Yup, I was getting some amount of kills on Vacant and Shipment yesterday but now it's placing me in lobbies with Americans who I heard speaking about their world rankings in other games. I'm no way on this level of gaming!!
Needless to say, I managed about 3 kills with 30 deaths for the past 3 matches. I feel the match making system is too strong on this game and needs toned down a little.
I guess I'll have to just play the lobbies I'm put into until it takes me back to a normal level.

Soldato
Yeah i was on the end of some beatings yesterday. At this rate wont take long until i drop under 1.0! :p

Bit gutted they've removed Shoothouse 24/7. That map was a dream for unlocking challenges. Almost for the Aug gold in about 3 days

Associate
Shipment is garbage spawns are messed up big time and vacant people just hiding behind cover why dont they play like cods of old lol

Soldato
Yeah I noticed that about vacant today, it wasn't bad yesterday when I played.
I just had quite a good laugh running around shipment with a smoke grenade, knife and throwing knife.

Back
Top Bottom