Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
getting super fed up with the size of the downloads for this game.

I'm unlimted data, and 40Mbps download, which aint bad. But I think many people must really suffer. Completely unacceptable.

40mbps or 40mb/s? If the latter then the update won't take long. I get 20mb/s downloading 'patches' which are around 70GB and it's usually done in 15-20mins

Soldato
40mbps or 40mb/s? If the latter then the update won't take long. I get 20mb/s downloading 'patches' which are around 70GB and it's usually done in 15-20mins
40Mbps ~ 5 megabytes per second.

60GB update...

60*1024 = 61440 MB

61440/5 = 12288 seconds

12288/60/60 = 3.4hrs.

:(

It's what you get being stuck in a little town with just BT and a fair walk to the green box.

I actually get closer to 6megabytes per second download. But still it's crap.

ne0

ne0

Associate
How do you manage to get through it so quick? I work half the year so can put in hours every day but still only managed to get to level 140 last season.

I think I recall reading similar issues on Reddit recently.

Thanks, I owe you one. I had a look on Reddit and quickly found the solution. I had my frame rate capped in the nvidia control panel which was conflicting with the in-game cap. All is well again! :)

Soldato
One thing I do find annoying the lack of map selection

I played a 10v10 team deathmatch on Euphrates Bridge a few days ago and the map was great fun. I selected 10v10 team deathmatch to try and play the same map yesterday and played maybe 10 games but the map did not come up. I ended up leaving the lobby until it did come up in rotation, but it didn't. Instead it was coming up with the palace map, Rammaza and Picadilly multiple times.
I guess if they do offer map selection some people will only play one specific map to increase stats / rank up and the rubbish maps will not get much play. Most people seem to hate Picadilly but I don't think it's too bad

Soldato
Not played in 2 months according to GoG. Played a few games this morning and evening and I’ve been bitten by the bug again.

managed to get my SMGs to platinum. Almost got my pistols done just need to finish the first two and they’ll be platinum too

Soldato
One thing I do find annoying the lack of map selection

I played a 10v10 team deathmatch on Euphrates Bridge a few days ago and the map was great fun. I selected 10v10 team deathmatch to try and play the same map yesterday and played maybe 10 games but the map did not come up. I ended up leaving the lobby until it did come up in rotation, but it didn't. Instead it was coming up with the palace map, Rammaza and Picadilly multiple times.
I guess if they do offer map selection some people will only play one specific map to increase stats / rank up and the rubbish maps will not get much play. Most people seem to hate Picadilly but I don't think it's too bad

I got this too yesterday playing a different mode. Although it’s always been like that, sometimes you even end up on the same map again. This aspect of match making really needs sorting out, so it’s a different map every match.

Soldato
Does anyone know the default magnification on the sniper rifles?
HDR the thermal is a 8x scope and looks much smaller the default scope.
Another is 6x and 12x and says for extended ranges.
Id have a guess at 10x default but then the thermal looks way too small in terms of length for 9x

Associate
Just on question though folks, I can see season 2, I guess season 1 already finished?
Also what exactly are these season passes about?

Season 1 has finished, meaning certain unique rewards are no longer available. The battle pass consists of cosmetic items like operator skins, weapon skins, and CP which can be used to purchase items in the store.

Soldato
I'm tempted to get the pass. Minor, i know, but i want a new skin as I only have a few basic ones as I've never bothered with the campaign either.

Got my pistols to platinum today. They're so quick to do I wish the other classes were as easy. That's SMGs and Pistols done. May put the work in with assault rifles or shotguns now. I have 2 gold shotguns and only one gold assault rifle

Soldato
I'm tempted to get the pass. Minor, i know, but i want a new skin as I only have a few basic ones as I've never bothered with the campaign either.

Got my pistols to platinum today. They're so quick to do I wish the other classes were as easy. That's SMGs and Pistols done. May put the work in with assault rifles or shotguns now. I have 2 gold shotguns and only one gold assault rifle
im still struggling with smg's, its the longshots. i have done pretty much every other challenge except the longshots.

Back
Top Bottom