Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I have exactly the same rig as you and dont get this. Probably an Nvidia driver thing

461.40 here and no problems. Also, I dont use reflex, Geforce Experience or any FPS overlays like Riva tuner stats server

Ryzen 5800x (stock)
RTX3080 (stock)
32GB 3800MHz CL14 (teamgroup 8 pack)
MSI X570 Unify

By far the best feature of this game is player death mic. I was on a 9am Plunder game and killed someone in the sky who came back for his revenge. In an early morning German accent Terminator voice I heard "F U" :D Made me chuckle the whole game
So far I've tried reinstalling windows twice (along with reinstalling drivers and game, obviously).

On my recent windows reinstall I installed 457.30 drivers instead of the most recent ones and the problem still persists...

At least you confirmed to me that it's definitely not how the graphics are supposed to be.

Problem is still there with all the things you mentioned disabled (although I use all of them normally).

Soldato
So far I've tried reinstalling windows twice (along with reinstalling drivers and game, obviously).

On my recent windows reinstall I installed 457.30 drivers instead of the most recent ones and the problem still persists...

At least you confirmed to me that it's definitely not how the graphics are supposed to be.

Problem is still there with all the things you mentioned disabled (although I use all of them normally).
I have driver only installed, all DOF settings disabled, motion blur disabled, RTX disabled, DLSS disabled.
There’s a post somewhere detailing all my settings with screenshots. Highest, 3440x1440, limit fps to 97 in NCP unlimited in game menu. Force gsync & vsysn on in NCP.
My guess is its a DOF, AA or as Alex says a DLSS issue

These are them

M6V4use.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Have you got DLSS enabled? That seems to do some weird stuff to optics

I have driver only installed, all DOF settings disabled, motion blur disabled, RTX disabled, DLSS disabled.
There’s a post somewhere detailing all my settings with screenshots. Highest, 3440x1440, limit fps to 97 in NCP unlimited in game menu. Force gsync & vsysn on in NCP.
My guess is its a DOF, AA or as Alex says a DLSS issue
My normal settings are:
Refresh rate: 165Hz
Render resolution+general resolution: 1440p (tried changing, problem persists)
Aspect ratio: Automatic
V-Sync and G-sync: Disabled
Framerate limit: unlimited in-game
Nvidia reflex: Enabled + boost (tried changing, problem persists)

Streaming quality: Normal (tried changing, problem persists)
Texture resolution: High (tried changing, problem persists)
Texture Filter Anisotropic: High (tried changing, problem persists)
Particle Quality: High (tried changing, problem persists)
Bullet impacts & sprays: Enabled
Tessellation: Disabled (tried changing, problem persists)
On-demand texture streaming: Disabled (tried changing, problem persists)

Shadow map resolution: High (tried changing, problem persists)
Cache Spot Shadows: Enabled (tried changing, problem persists)
Cache Sun shadows: Enabled (tried changing, problem persists)
Particle Lighting: Normal (tried changing, problem persists)
Raytracing: Disabled (tried changing, problem persists)

Filmic Strength: 0.00 (tried changing, problem persists)
DLSS: Disabled (tried changing, problem persists)
AA: Filmic SMAA T2X (tried changing, problem persists)
DoF: Disabled (tried changing, problem persists)
Blur: Disabled
Film grain: Disabled (tried changing, problem persists)
Dynamic resolution: Disabled (tried changing, problem persists)

Associate
I was trying to mess around with NVidia filters yesterday to improve visibility. I used the settings recommended here, and while they did seem to improve clarity and visibility a bit, I was also getting intermittent black screens, particularly when the scene changed e.g. when spawning or when joining a lobby in the start screen. It reminded me of an issue I had when I first built this rig, which I fixed by switching off G-sync. Has anyone else had (and hopefully fixed) similar?

Soldato
I am getting this crash/error message to desktop (cant remember what its called) very randomly.
Im not overclocking or anything.... any ideas what could this be?
Are you using Geforece experience with filters? e.g. sharpening. When I updated drivers to 46X from 48X it would crash after about 20-30 minutes. Installed driver only and its been working fine since with zero crashes

Associate
so is SBMM broken ? I play with some real life mates, KD is sub 0.5 for the pair and for a while now let's just say its not much fun for them :D
Yeah I get where you're coming from, it's enough to put them off. Most of the guys I play with (not that many) prefer resurgence or mini royale, at least with resurgence they get the chance to respawn.

Soldato
so is SBMM broken ? I play with some real life mates, KD is sub 0.5 for the pair and for a while now let's just say its not much fun for them :D
What's your KD?

We have mates who are around 0.5KD. When myself (0.95KD) and other friend (1.0KD) play with the 0.5s it makes the lobbys much harder for them. In the good old days of SBMM it would be them in bronze lobbys, but with us it was gold / platinum. Sometimes it would be silver but more often than not gold

Soldato
Been having a blast playing regular multiplayer with the new Bolt action marksman rifle. Two more challenges left on it and I'll have it in Damascus.

how is the Cold War multiplier in comparison to MW? Kinda want some new maps and it's taking longer to find games with a low ping (I only play hardcore modes) so it feels like more and more are moving away from it

Associate
Been having a blast playing regular multiplayer with the new Bolt action marksman rifle. Two more challenges left on it and I'll have it in Damascus.

how is the Cold War multiplier in comparison to MW? Kinda want some new maps and it's taking longer to find games with a low ping (I only play hardcore modes) so it feels like more and more are moving away from it

It’s not as good as modern warfare IMO. The graphics aren’t as good and the animations are bad. That being said, I have still been enjoying it to unlock guns and level them up. I’ve enjoyed playing new maps too and the campaign is decent. I bought it when it was on offer for £30 odd quid and don’t regret it. I wouldn’t pay full price though

Soldato
It’s not as good as modern warfare IMO. The graphics aren’t as good and the animations are bad. That being said, I have still been enjoying it to unlock guns and level them up. I’ve enjoyed playing new maps too and the campaign is decent. I bought it when it was on offer for £30 odd quid and don’t regret it. I wouldn’t pay full price though

Ah that's a shame. It didn't drag me in when I saw the trailer but still tempted. MW multiplayer has been fantastic though. The best Call of Duty in years. I stopped playing the series after Advanced Warfare (and I only managed about 40 hours of that) but this sucked me right back in

Soldato
how is the Cold War multiplier in comparison to MW?

Dump. The general movement just feels like its a decade (or two) behind Modern Warfare

Sounds interesting but I wish they would like Infinity ward deliver new content. Treyarch just seem to mess up what was a great game but splicing Cold War with Modern Warfare. IMO they should have left the two games as they were and let Infinity Ward carry on developing Warzone. I guess the big push was Cold war as it wasnt doing as well so made things like all (or most) Cold war guns better in Warzone so people would buy blueprints and/or Cold war to level up the guns.

Who didnt love the DMR 14 prior to its nerf!? :D

They have at least made the scope animation on the Cold War guns slightly better since they were first put in

Soldato

I hate this about SBMM too

Have you tried making the party lead one of your mates with the worst KD?

Anecdotally this seems to make a difference for us, but we still get put into lobbies where everyone is trying to be NickMercs

Soldato
Have you tried making the party lead one of your mates with the worst KD?

Anecdotally this seems to make a difference for us, but we still get put into lobbies where everyone is trying to be NickMercs
Does this actually work though? It seemed too on occasion for us but now not so much

Soldato
What's your KD?

We have mates who are around 0.5KD. When myself (0.95KD) and other friend (1.0KD) play with the 0.5s it makes the lobbys much harder for them. In the good old days of SBMM it would be them in bronze lobbys, but with us it was gold / platinum. Sometimes it would be silver but more often than not gold

mine is 1.30 k/d they are both sub 0.5... one is 0.3 :D

its used to give us most of the time lobbies that they could get kills in and i would normally get a handful, but now its tough for me and impossible for them. all started with new map

Soldato

its used to give us most of the time lobbies that they could get kills in and i would normally get a handful, but now its tough for me and impossible for them. all started with new map

my mates have literally started looking for a new game. i'm 0.9, another mate is 0.95 (he's played about 5 times as much as me, other mate 0.6)

Soldato

Yeh, must be hard at 0.3 playing with 1.3 kd. Itll bring the lobbys up to about Silver / Gold where its much harder. I believe it goes something like

Bronze - <0.50
Silver - <0.70
Gold - <0.80
Platinum - <1.00
Diamond - >1.25

Back
Top Bottom