Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
It doesn’t. It is designed to break SBMM so high skilled players aren’t constantly against other very high skill players, making it more randomised. As their is less high skill players than low skill they get a better chance to get so called “bot lobbies”. It’s explained on their site

“So, what does No Lag VPN do, exactly? It uses the OpenVPN connection protocol and SmartDNS to send your game-related traffic via particular locations. This way, you'll get access to the best lobbies. For example, the NoLag VPN provider is dedicated only to supporting Warzone players and routes.”
I'd be cautious about using it as it seems like a bit of a grey area; deliberately circumventing SBMM could be considered exploiting/cheating. Unlike other VPNs it's specifically advertised to break SBMM in Warzone so they could just grab all their IP addresses and ban anyone using it.

Soldato
I'd be cautious about using it as it seems like a bit of a grey area; deliberately circumventing SBMM could be considered exploiting/cheating. Unlike other VPNs it's specifically advertised to break SBMM in Warzone so they could just grab all their IP addresses and ban anyone using it.
It’s been used since warzone came out and most of the top streamers use it so I wouldn’t worry.

Soldato
Don’t think SBMM in itself is a bad thing. Where it trips up is when playing with friends who aren’t as good. They get pulled into harder lobbies then end up raging. I either have to reverse boost which is scummy or vpn which is slightly less scummy imo as at least still come across competent players that way.

To add, I’m only around a 2kd which is enough to pull into sweat lobbies. Can only imagine it cranks even worse above that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a way on PC to switch to your 3rd weapon slot easily? Rather then having to go into your inventory and swapping it for your existing weapon?

Soldato
Don’t think SBMM in itself is a bad thing. Where it trips up is when playing with friends who aren’t as good. They get pulled into harder lobbies then end up raging. I either have to reverse boost which is scummy or vpn which is slightly less scummy imo as at least still come across competent players that way.

To add, I’m only around a 2kd which is enough to pull into sweat lobbies. Can only imagine it cranks even worse above that.
We always have the lowest KD player in our group be the main host otherwise they end up in my lobbies and they can’t compete so isn’t really fair on them.

We’re going for the nuke tonight so I’m gonna jump on shortly and warm up.

Associate
We always have the lowest KD player in our group be the main host otherwise they end up in my lobbies and they can’t compete so isn’t really fair on them.

We’re going for the nuke tonight so I’m gonna jump on shortly and warm up.
It looks at the party average skill not the party leader.

Soldato

2kd in multiplayer and not warzone is pretty decent and enough for sweat lobbies.

I average around a 3k/d in multiplayer and prefere to play in my lobbies as apposed to noob lobbies where you get less chance of horrible play, shields and stuff like that.

But I don't think having the noob host makes as much difference as you think as SBMM takes in account your party as a whole..

Last edited:
Soldato
2kd in multiplayer and not warzone is pretty decent and enough for sweat lobbies.

I average around a 3k/d in multiplayer and prefere to play in my lobbies as apposed to noob lobbies where you get less chance of horrible play, shields and stuff like that.

But I don't think having the noob host makes as much difference as you think as SBMM takes in account your party as a whole..
Sorry meant in warzone. Multiplayer kd is pretty rough as only really played that doing camo grind. If I play multi seriously just now, I fry for a few games before the sweat lobbies kick in and even it out :D

Associate
The trouble now is that I think a lot of casuals have left the game already, so even using a VPN doesn't seem to help much unless you're above average to start with. NoLag worked really well in WZ1 but not so much now. Its easy to make your own version if you already have a VPN sub with openvpn. You just download a config for a random country and add this to the start of the config file:

client
route 185.34.0.0 255.255.0.0
route-nopull

Associate
Excuse my ignorance but why does changing your location reduce the skill of those you are against? When people mention bot lobbies, are these lobbies filling actual slots with bots due to low demenad? Or is the suggestion that the players are less skilled?

Soldato
I thought using a VPN to access, say, African servers, was useful as the player pool is much smaller there. As its smaller you are much more likely to be in a lobby with lower skilled players as there aren't enough players for skilled based matchmaking to work properly.
In EU and US lobbies the player pool is huge so skilled based macthmaking works as it should (i still hate it) and puts you in lobbies with players of a similar skill level.

Associate
So let me get this right, good players want to play against people who are rubbish so they can win easily and tell everyone how good they are even though they are playing against poorer players. A bit like playing the under 10's as an 18 year and then proclaiming to the world how good you are even though you could hold you own against other under 18 teams.

It really is sad that there are people like this, I mean do you have no standards at all?

In the Quake and Unreal Tournament era's with your own servers the best played the best and the worst would leave those servers as ason as they understood they could not compete. There was something to be said playing on the best servers against the best players and nothing to be said for playing against the unskilled but apprently now that's the way to be....

Associate
I thought using a VPN to access, say, African servers, was useful as the player pool is much smaller there. As its smaller you are much more likely to be in a lobby with lower skilled players as there aren't enough players for skilled based matchmaking to work properly.
In EU and US lobbies the player pool is huge so skilled based macthmaking works as it should (i still hate it) and puts you in lobbies with players of a similar skill level.
This at least makes a little sense......but how could it be quantified?
I had very limited warzone play time and got one win out of maybe 100 rounds. Got battered in the majority.
Essentially you should use a VPN to Africa, use a controller on PC, for aim assist bonus but also higher frame rates than console.......then I presume there are certain weapons which are much stronger?

Associate
This at least makes a little sense......but how could it be quantified?
I had very limited warzone play time and got one win out of maybe 100 rounds. Got battered in the majority.
Essentially you should use a VPN to Africa, use a controller on PC, for aim assist bonus but also higher frame rates than console.......then I presume there are certain weapons which are much stronger?

The only issue with that is the ping could be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom