• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can a game kill a GPU?

Soldato
Well I guess EVGA have new revisions, Jay's card survived. Although that power boost is still off.

Jays card is the original version the one with red lips.. He just made sure the card doesn't go bang and has many spare waiting, he has more than one of each EVGA 3000 series card. Also the video is recorded so can easily edit out anything going bang and use one of his spares to finish the video.

He will never admit it is a fault on EVGAs side, he needs them as sponsors.

All you have to do is go on EVGAs forums and you will see for many months these cards go bang the ftw3 evga cards this 3000 series are the worst for it, nothing to do with the games that blow them up, there are many games and benchmark tools blowing these cards up. Many months since the release of the 3000 series EVGA forums are reporting issues every day and many are on their forth rma with them at $200/Euro a pop in sending them to EVGA, can you imagine loosing $800 in a few months owning these cards ? just to get an rma done. EVGA should be covering the return costs especially when you are on your second rma or more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, that card pulling 530W+
:eek:

Yup welcome to Ampere .. they can pull even more than that, his special sauce bios is just an unlocked power limit bios and not even doing that great on that card he shows as the load balancing for power is all off on the pcie power connectors, one of the many issues with the FTW3 cards as they were really designed to have two power connectors and later they changed it to 3 and even their original VBIOS showed only 2 power connectors and later got updated to show all 3 and then the power balancing was all a mess.

Soldato
Check this comedy from Jay and his EVGA fan boys.. https://twitter.com/JayzTwoCents/status/1418567014017167369 .. I had to reply there... Time to make a point I think, lets see what he replies to me there, because if he plays its that game only doing it then I have a huge list of games a tools bricking these FTW3 cards and many times over, it's a design fault on the cards, EVGA is not setting the protection right on the VRM controllers or has turned them off and using their chip on the card to do that and clearly not doing it right or done to make the cards look like they are faster than other aibs with their silly high power limit bioses they provide and tell their FTW3 buyers hey these cards are great for extreme overclocking on extreme cooling, reality they are not they are rubbish for that and that's why they have KingPin cards they are the ones built to take that sort of punishment normally.:rolleyes:

Soldato
One of those reddit posters has said his RX 6900XT is now fine and he played NW for 5 hours with a custom fan curve.... back to Jason Langevine being a EVGA shill and saying random crap about AMD again....

I have not seen any proof of other cards dying apart from EVGA 30xx FTW3, one Gigabyte 3090 but that may have been just a faulty card, no proof of any AMD card and a 1080ti FTW too funny enough.

Seriously this is nothing more than an EVGA FTW3 issue and reality of it will come out soon enough. If it is proven I hope people ask for their RMA costs to be refunded or knowing USA people it will end up a class action lawsuit and they will get paid off, while other people in the world get nothing.

V F

V F

Soldato
Jays card is the original version the one with red lips.. He just made sure the card doesn't go bang and has many spare waiting, he has more than one of each EVGA 3000 series card. Also the video is recorded so can easily edit out anything going bang and use one of his spares to finish the video.

All you have to do is go on EVGAs forums and you will see for many months these cards go bang the ftw3 evga cards this 3000 series are the worst for it, nothing to do with the games that blow them up, there are many games and benchmark tools blowing these cards up. Many months since the release of the 3000 series EVGA forums are reporting issues every day and many are on their forth rma with them at $200/Euro a pop in sending them to EVGA, can you imagine loosing $800 in a few months owning these cards ? just to get an rma done. EVGA should be covering the return costs especially when you are on your second rma or more.

It makes me wonder, these are cards made during the worldwide Covid lockdowns, so were corners cut?

cheap / old psu`s tripping out, i know i have the same thing with a 6900xt and just bought a seasonic gx-1000 to solve it

I always remember people here as far back as 2003 telling others not to cheap out on their builds with poor grade power supplies. Then Covid came and the mass surge of first time PC builders which was all over Youtube. Has this caught up? Or a mix of flaws in some graphics cards and not up to spec power supplies for their builds with all this heat?

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato

I'm supprised Jay didn't blame it on the POS caps.

Caporegime
tdHTNPQ.png

Still not the game eh..... :cry:

Seeing reports on reddit too.

Of course, could be complete bs being made up but given the developers/publisher have released a note and patched the game, kind of says it all.....

Hats off to evga, people can mock them all they want but their CS is second to none, my 750W g2 went bang a few years back, contacted them and they sent me out a 850w P2 to replace it within a few days.

Soldato
OP
It makes me wonder, these are cards made during the worldwide Covid lockdowns, so were corners cut?

I always remember people here as far back as 2003 telling others not to cheap out on their builds with poor grade power supplies. Then Covid came and the mass surge of first time PC builders which was all over Youtube. Has this caught up? Or a mix of flaws in some graphics cards and not up to spec power supplies for their builds with all this heat?

Gamers nexus is about to release a video of the exploding gigabyte power supply. I can't remember the model name, it's their entry 650w or something - it doesn't have over current protection.... so when you exceed 650w from the wall the psu does one of two things: you hear a bang sound as it blows up or you smell smoke because it's on fire

All power supplies and power systems are supposed to have adequate over current y protection and when you buy these products you seee all these certification stickers in it that says it's being tested yadayada- the truth is it's often fake, fake certifications in many cases and products never even tested in others - the power supply and power delivery industry is in shambles

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How is this game causing cards to bypass their power limits? This shouldn't be happening whether the card bricks or not.

The 530/600w or whatever it was was with an XOC bios loaded - XOC will let the card have up to 1000w if it asks for it, you can't actually get that much because Nvidia locks the voltages.

But even with the stock Evga bios on the car, the card was still regularly pulling 20% more power than the top of the bios power limit which isn't good

Back
Top Bottom