Can money buy happiness?

Associate
A nice debate to get this section going. So, what do you think, Can money buy happiness?

No!
you could spend a lifetime trying to get the things you want for the illusion of that it would make you happy ... but then you would end up realizing it isnt the things ... it is already inside you.

Soldato
The majority of posters here seem to be confusing 'money' and 'material goods'.

No one is going to argue that happiness doesn't come from 'inside you', but to say wealth cannot bring about happiness is foolish.

Money is an enabler, it can free up time to spend with loved ones, buy bonding or exploitative experiences, reduce stress, and allow you to concentrate on what is important to you.

Associate
I would certainly be happier if my bank balance wasnt down into triple figures :(

am feeling you on this acme. 6 or 7 digit figures are way nicer...

Then you can go for nice C or even B class HO's.

99nxh1.png

Nix

Nix

Soldato
No it doesn't. To assume it does is a misunderstanding of what happiness is and how we come about it.

Money is a facilitator, nothing more.

Happiness is not zero-sum. It can't be treated as a target either; it's not something a bit of paper can give you. You don't surround yourself with status and products and suddenly get granted happiness. Happiness is a by-product of living well. You can do that with or without money. Money just makes it a lot easier.

Soldato
Money brings with it as much happiness as it does unhappiness in my experience.

There are different levels of 'money' though.

Vore

V

Vore

Indirectly yes, there are several things I would rather be doing with my time (that would make me 'happy'), money is a prerequisite in order for those things so...

Associate
Indirectly yes, there are several things I would rather be doing with my time (that would make me 'happy'), money is a prerequisite in order for those things so...

This.

Money can offer you opportunities to do the things that make you happy whether it be a few pints down the local to owning your own local. It does work both ways though as too much, or badly managed it can take any enjoyment out of things "why do that myself when I can pay someone to do it for me" - that kind of thing.

You can be equally happy without money, as it depends what makes you happy on a personal level.

Associate
I think money is half the battle.

I have a relatively respetcable income which allows me to purchase and do things that give me a better and more comfortable quality of life- but I can find myself very unhappy without real friends to spend time with.

Soldato
Id be happy with shallow wenches after my money S'ing my D whilst I am sipping on champagne.

Yes, i feel as if money could bring me happiness.

Back
Top Bottom