can someone identify the bottleneck/problem?

Man of Honour
isn't my CPU blocking my RAM from going further than 2666 MHz tho? I think i remember someone saying that
I don't think H510 supports memory overclocking, so yeah, you'd be limited to 2666 with a 10400, but if you buy 3200 it should just be downclocked to the maximum allowed. The exact behaviour (and if your intervention is needed) would depend on the memory that you buy.

Associate
OP
Well I would like 200 out of my system in some game but what I want I don’t get… also your monitor is 144hz so anything passed that is a waist.

Now I see the problem, you messing with setting to try and get a high frame rate. But your system is not capable of it.

You should turn on Vsync or Gsync in game and see how you get on
that makes a lot of sense thats why top players get 240 hz monitors, i searched if i should fps_max 144 but actually it favors drops below that so i should test a few numbers. I just tried with fps_max 100 in normal match and i dont get below 100 but i still get stutters.
Just saw tetras say that my motherboard may not support overclocking and i just remember that i overclocked my gpu a bit some time ago, HERE are my afterburner settings.
About nvidia settings i have vertical sync on global settings what should i switch to? => OPTIONS, here are my full 3D settings for CS2: 3D 1 / 3D 2 / 3D 3

Associate
OP
I don't think H510 supports memory overclocking, so yeah, you'd be limited to 2666 with a 10400, but if you buy 3200 it should just be downclocked to the maximum allowed. The exact behaviour (and if your intervention is needed) would depend on the memory that you buy.
i just remember that i overclocked my gpu a bit some time ago, HERE are my afterburner settings. Could it be whats causing the stutters?

Soldato
This the 10th gen CPU + H510M chipset is limited to 2933MHz so you might be able to select the 2933MHZ speed in the BIOS as it is. Intel CPUs aren't that sensitive to the RAM speed so the difference would be very small.

Yes any overclocking could cause issue so always worth trying back at default settings. Would be helpful to see the PSU label or power and brand at the very least.

Associate
that makes a lot of sense thats why top players get 240 hz monitors, i searched if i should fps_max 144 but actually it favors drops below that so i should test a few numbers. I just tried with fps_max 100 in normal match and i dont get below 100 but i still get stutters.
Just saw tetras say that my motherboard may not support overclocking and i just remember that i overclocked my gpu a bit some time ago, HERE are my afterburner settings.
About nvidia settings i have vertical sync on global settings what should i switch to? => OPTIONS, here are my full 3D settings for CS2: 3D 1 / 3D 2 / 3D 3
nope, they play on tn 360hz zowie xl2566k.

put vertical sync off. try without oc gpu.

Man of Honour
i just remember that i overclocked my gpu a bit some time ago, HERE are my afterburner settings. Could it be whats causing the stutters?
Graphics is totally separate and unaffected. It doesn't support CPU or memory overclocking.

In reference to: would overclocking GPU cause stutters? I don't know.

Associate
OP

I tried restoring default MSI settings from overclocked and got about 50 less "normal" fps but i set cap to 160 and 144 on nvidia as now i know over 144 is a waste with my 144 MHz monitor, but the drops and above all the stutters are still there.

I then tried undervolting my gpu, turned vertical sync off and on, tried changing some settings through some anti-stutter CS2 ytb videos and nothing changed.

Then i checked a bottleneck calculator SITE to see what answer i would get: i searched my setup with "processor intense taks" as CS2 is CPU heavy and got a 43.8% bottleneck saying that my CPU is to weak for my 8g GPU, Tetras also said it could be the CPU so checking back page 1 Cyber-Mav suggested a CPU stress test so i ran Linpack, did a Bechmark test and then tried a few times to run a stress test first the 8GB, then 2GB but both times my pc almost instantly froze.

So it has to be my CPU right? Or that site is also untrustworthy?

I know you asked me for PSU info but i asked my vendor in my second message still no answer on that.

PS: for a moment i thought it was just that CS2 was not optimized yet but the dev recently included an setting meant to solve stuttering and while it did stabilize frametime a bit it didnt remove stutters.
Plus i also get abnormal fps drops and stutters just playing minecraft (TLauncher)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Graphics is totally separate and unaffected. It doesn't support CPU or memory overclocking.

In reference to: would overclocking GPU cause stutters? I don't know.
in case you didnt receive the multi notification message i have some update and searching for confirmation

Associate
OP
I did, but the thread is way too long and confusing at this point.
i understand, if you want i made a summary post where i can maybe get confirmation but basically its based on your first suggestion after checking out the other possible causes. I just got to know my PSU u said it could be a cause, here is the LINK.
If you want to check summary here you go, if not thanks you so much you already helped me a lot

Back
Top Bottom