Can't use Facebook

Soldato
My site that that promotes gigs has just got it's 5,000th member

I started a group for S1000XR (its a motorbike) owners a while back. We're now up to 2,450 members from all around the world, and the community is, for the most part, brilliant. There's so much sharing of information and ideas, helps and tips, route planning, servicing - everything you can think of to do with a motorbike really. Plenty have met up and ridden together, parts have bene bought and sold, and none of it would have happened without an infrastructure behind it that's so simple that I can do it. Great functionality for those that want to use it appropriately.

Man of Honour
I started a group for S1000XR (its a motorbike) owners a while back. We're now up to 2,450 members from all around the world, and the community is, for the most part, brilliant. There's so much sharing of information and ideas, helps and tips, route planning, servicing - everything you can think of to do with a motorbike really. Plenty have met up and ridden together, parts have bene bought and sold, and none of it would have happened without an infrastructure behind it that's so simple that I can do it. Great functionality for those that want to use it appropriately.

BUT YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY WRONG, haven't you read the posters above?
There are better ways to do this than Facebook, you could all ring each other up or send multi emails.
Aren't you worried you might get somebody posting their food on the site and you won't know how to delete it?

Soldato
:D

Absolutely. Of course, getting the 2,450 people together in the first place when we didn't know each other existed in the 6 billion people on Earth would have been a bit of a challenge. I was going to consider a leaflet drop seeing as GDPR has made cold calling a bit tricky these days, but it just didn't seem practical...

Man of Honour
It’s doing you a favour. Back away from the cesspit that is Facebook.

I don’t know enough about it to call it a cesspit, but I wish that my wife hadn’t registered with it.
I might as well live on my own, in fact I constantly toss the pros and cons of doing so.
I might be fixing dinner, pulling my weight as it were, and I’ll call, “What do want with these chops, peas, or greens?”
Nothing comes back, so I walk into the lounge, “Didn’t you hear me?”, “Yes, but I’m reading something on Facebook.”
After dinner, I might ask if she wants to watch TV, she’ll say, “Put something on, I’ll listen to it while reading Facebook.”
I might freeze the TV, and say, “Is that detective related to the suspect’s wife?”
She’ll say, “How do I know, you can see that I’m reading my phone, you’re REALLY trying to start an argument, aren’t you?”
It’s beginning to not be funny, walking away after a lifetime together is not something that’s easily done, or to be taken lightly, but it’s looking more and more the only way out.
I keep trying to get her to seriously talk about things, but she says “You’re making mountains out of molehills, calm down, it’s only Facebook for Chrissakes!”

Permabanned
I don’t know enough about it to call it a cesspit, but I wish that my wife hadn’t registered with it.
I might as well live on my own, in fact I constantly toss the pros and cons of doing so.
I might be fixing dinner, pulling my weight as it were, and I’ll call, “What do want with these chops, peas, or greens?”
Nothing comes back, so I walk into the lounge, “Didn’t you hear me?”, “Yes, but I’m reading something on Facebook.”
After dinner, I might ask if she wants to watch TV, she’ll say, “Put something on, I’ll listen to it while reading Facebook.”
I might freeze the TV, and say, “Is that detective related to the suspect’s wife?”
She’ll say, “How do I know, you can see that I’m reading my phone, you’re REALLY trying to start an argument, aren’t you?”
It’s beginning to not be funny, walking away after a lifetime together is not something that’s easily done, or to be taken lightly, but it’s looking more and more the only way out.
I keep trying to get her to seriously talk about things, but she says “You’re making mountains out of molehills, calm down, it’s only Facebook for Chrissakes!”

Block facebook on the connection and tell her it must be down. Your router might support this. If not purchase a new one that does.

Soldato
BUT YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY WRONG, haven't you read the posters above?
There are better ways to do this than Facebook, you could all ring each other up or send multi emails.
Aren't you worried you might get somebody posting their food on the site and you won't know how to delete it?

Or, you know, one of those forum things.

Back
Top Bottom