*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Any suggestion for general interior cleaning product? APC? I find Autoglym interior shampoo very good, fairly expensive though, would prefer to bulk buy and dilute as necessary.

this seems to get good write ups from the good YTbers

Do you need a portable pressure washer then ?

I had a worx, no where near the psi I wanted so I re sold it, now I just do rinseless washing

But if you need one, I was going to buy the green works one, double the psi so snow foam works on it much better

Last edited:
i need some rinseless wash soon

if i order from in2detailing, to get free shipping ill add some more stuff to my order, so, can someone recommend me a wheel face brush and a wheel sealant/protectant please

currently eyeing up

i have the same one for the wheel archers (the long reach one) I'm assuming its the same bristles

thanks

i need some rinseless wash soon

if i order from in2detailing, to get free shipping ill add some more stuff to my order, so, can someone recommend me a wheel face brush and a wheel sealant/protectant please

currently eyeing up

i have the same one for the wheel archers (the long reach one) I'm assuming its the same bristles

thanks

anyone ?

also this video is reviewing the new MJCC foam cannon

also he brings up the PSI rating charts

3600 PSI !

@jpaul

tQYmZFG.jpg

OK I see thanks - 1300psi / 90bar is lower point for their foam generators - looks like you can get 3000psi electric machine more readily in the USA ...
64K$ question is whether foam volume changes dramatically over the 1300->3600ps range - I'll look for a video.

since the weather was hot, took some time off for bike stripping (other thread)
also ideal temp for seat maintenance
.. did some bmw 'leather' seat cleaning Leathermaster cleaning fluid (which I'd bought when I thought they were leather, versus plastic coated, but its a detergent anyway ) and then applied Sonax plastic/anti-uv cream.

someone uses it with a greenworks which is under 1300 iirc

Last edited:
I've got loads of crap collected over the years for cleaning cars.
It's just a pity I've completely lost interest recently.

worth keeping on top of keeping them clean, as an example :

mum bought her car brand new, 2015 i think, my car is a 2008 car that i maintain (cleaning)
and my car (i bought 5 years old) looks really good, but her car is awful, the wheels look like they've all corroded and the bodywork is doing the same, mine still looks fairly new

Last edited:
need to make an order very soon

currently looking at these :

advice / alternatives welcome

for wheels AND tyres (assuming its good for tyres)

as a Rinseless Wash

barrel brush

This one ?

or This one ?

Wheel was/sealant :

thanks Kona

I already have a barrel brush, but I want a better quality one that is less likely to scratch my wheels

so you think a normal spray wax (for paintwork) is good for wheels too ?

You have silver wheels right? The EZ style brush won't leave any noticeable marks. It may do on shiny black wheels only because they show up everything. I also like to use BH APC @ 10% in SA spray bottles for the wheels. Gives a good lube and foam on top of the shampoo I use. GT shampoo.

Yes in regards to wax. Use that TW flex wax you have. You have loads of it. Apply with a MF instead of the spray and rinse route for a longer lasting protection.

I have this brush on the way for my tyres. I want to clean them but also preserve the GT Tyre serum. My tyres aren't filthy so a softer brush is preferable.

Detail Factory - Tire Scrub Brush - Stiff Synthetic Bristles, Ergonomic Design, Clean Your Tires with Ease, Grey https://amzn.eu/d/7WGf3n1

im thinking about my new car more than anything and if i get the car i hope to get, then those wheels may come with dark alloys or normal alloys (not black)

is the mothers wheel brush too hard for the tyres then ?
i could get the mothers tyre brush which is a LOT cheaper than the wheel brush if that be better?

thanks for the tips

I don't disagree with any of this, all very valid.

However I'd probably suggest just coating the wheels in a dedicated coating. It's a simple enough process.

well, the Wheel coatings are designed to take higher tempretures apparently

Im thinking of switching brushes to these then :

It was just a little sarcasm.

Do I need a special wax for when my cars in the hot 40 deg sun... Or one for my bonnet because it heats up from my engine.

It's your cash... And I can see detailing is a big hobbie of yours so do as you please.
apologies, i missed that

Wheel protectants aren't cheap, so ill like to avoid buying one if possible

I'm out out of my car pro one which I've been using for rinsless wash

I will be doing rinseless wash over the winter for the first time this year, so that will be interesting

I didn't buy that lot for winter specifically, I didn't even think about winter tbh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom