Car Youtubers and dangerous driving

Caporegime
I know someone who edits for a popular UK based channel. Yes I watch the videos. I bet you think fast and the furious chase scenes are real too since green screens and editing aren't a thing apparently.

Yes, some bloke with a camera and a borrowed car clearly has the same resources as a fully fledged film franchise, what the hell are you talking about :D

You are right. They have lately started to open their mouths and attempted some car reviews. But most of their videos are like I described.

Again, I am not dissing their channel - as I said, lots of people like their videos. People simply have different tastes.

But I do find it a bit lame that you have to come in here with your 10-year-old million-subscriber channel to beat up on some young underdog. It's petty. It's David versus Goliath, and you're with Goliath.

You don't see TopGear trolling message boards and dissing AutoTop either. That's because they're better than that. They don't care about AutoTop. But I have seen this behavior by AutoTop surrogates quite a bit.

And no, Cars on Autobahn is not my channel - it's part of the AutoTop franchise. Another franchise channel would be TopSpeedGermany, for example. It's all the same stuff. It's blatantly obvious.

These all suck though.

Associate
Whilst I watch/have watched many of the channels mentioned here I've never been too keen on some of the driving that takes place in their videos. I like the cars, but I don't particularly want to see them driving like complete tools endangering innocent people.

It seems they just mimic each other for the most part, since that sort of driving tends to get them the most clout.

The insinuation that these 'toobuhzzz do any kind of green screen work/FX/etc is quite frankly laughable, the majority seem to max out their skills at covering faces with emojis but still wearing the exact clothes they were in previous scenes.

Man of Honour
Whilst I watch/have watched many of the channels mentioned here I've never been too keen on some of the driving that takes place in their videos. I like the cars, but I don't particularly want to see them driving like complete tools endangering innocent people.

It seems they just mimic each other for the most part, since that sort of driving tends to get them the most clout.

The insinuation that these 'toobuhzzz do any kind of green screen work/FX/etc is quite frankly laughable, the majority seem to max out their skills at covering faces with emojis but still wearing the exact clothes they were in previous scenes.
Bet you think we landed on the moon too. ;)

Soldato
"The car just spun"...

They do that when you turn off the TC and drive like a **** in the wet.

Last edited:
Soldato
The lack of the throttle blips on downshifts says it all tbh.

No need for any of that, let's just drag the revs up using the clutch instead. Almost as bad as pulling the handbrake up without pressing the button first ;)

Soldato
Og on YouTube recently did one in a very fast lightweight car, and no driver aids where he could barely reach the brake or clutch as the owner was very tall and the seats were fixed. I think it's fair to say if he lost it at any point, A&E is almost a given with the possibility of fatality. No helmets with no screen and only shatter proof glasses. You can have the best tyres, a well setup car etc, but things happen so quickly in an accident. Most of these people would struggle to correct their own car, let alone one they aren't used to.

A lot of the younger guys on YouTube seem obsessed with chasing bhp figures even if their cars can't get the power down. They don't think twice about spending thousands on upgrades, but advanced tuition doesn't ever seem to get a mention.

Last edited:
Soldato
They won't listen to the fact that pure HP numbers doesn't make a car fast. You also need to do the suspension, brakes, etc. and rebalance the whole car to handle it.

Otherwise they just go all over the place when they put their foot down. As we saw from a certain person who is trying it with an S1 Lotus Exige and 700+hp. That's like F1 grade power to weight and it needs F1 grade aero to stop it taking off.

Last edited:
Soldato
They won't listen to the fact that pure HP numbers doesn't make a car fast. You also need to do the suspension, brakes, etc. and rebalance the whole car to handle it.

Otherwise they just go all over the place when they put their foot down. As we saw from a certain person who is trying it with an S1 Lotus Exige and 700+hp. That's like F1 grade power to weight and it needs F1 grade aero to stop it taking off.

None of that makes a car fast either, the point being, you actually need to spend the time learning how to drive fast. Seems odd when you can also buy this to an extent with the tuition and the majority could likely afford it.

Back
Top Bottom