Carabao Cup - Fourth Round ** Spoilers ** [29/30 October 2019]

Don
both teams were balanced in terms of youth and experience
They really weren't balanced. Even if they weren't first choice, nearly all that Arsenal side are active members of their first team squad. Our side had 5 players that at best were on the fringes and lucky if they make the bench for a senior game. You then had 2/3 of our senior players that did play playing out of position too.

Don
Gomez isn't exactly experienced. 6 months in the first team and is like 20. But yeah there was a mix of veteran players. just fringe squad players though
He's been part of our first team squad for 4(?) years now, I think we can class him as a first team player.

Associate
He's been part of our first team squad for 4(?) years now, I think we can class him as a first team player.
injured for about half of it though. 40 odd appearances in those 4 years so I wouldn't call him first team exactly. he was for that stretch last season and is part of the first team squad now but not exactly experienced.

Don
injured for about half of it though. 40 odd appearances in those 4 years so I wouldn't call him first team exactly. he was for that stretch last season and is part of the first team squad now but not exactly experienced.
2 years ago you could have said that but he's been regularly involved in the first team squad, starting plenty of games for over 2 seasons now. He might not be a guaranteed first team starter but he's very much an active member of the first team squad.

Don
It's going to be interesting to see how they can find a date for Liverpool to play their quarter final. The game is due to be played on either the 17th or 18th of December but we play the semi of the World Club Cup on the 18th and looking at our fixtures there's not a single free mid-week between now the 2nd week of January.

edit: Oh just seen some quotes from Klopp, he's saying the club won't play during our week off/winter break and if they can't find an alternative then we'll withdraw from the Cup.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's going to be interesting to see how they can find a date for Liverpool to play their quarter final. The game is due to be played on either the 17th or 18th of December but we play the semi of the World Club Cup on the 18th and looking at our fixtures there's not a single free mid-week between now the 2nd week of January.

edit: Oh just seen some quotes from Klopp, he's saying the club won't play during our week off/winter break and if they can't find an alternative then we'll withdraw from the Cup.
Can we do that? I understand his point as players don't get enough time off as it is but surely the higher ups won't let us just say sorry not coming

Don
I swear if City beat Oxford they will draw Bury in the semi's. No side has ever had the luck they have had with draws in the last few years.

Soldato
I swear if City beat Oxford they will draw Bury in the semi's. No side has ever had the luck they have had with draws in the last few years.

Chelsea in the FA Cup - EVERY year. They'll draw someone garbage at home for the first 3 rounds, then get Millwall in the quarters, Sunderland in the semis and someone like Bournemouth in the final.

Back
Top Bottom