Carabao Cup - Semi Final ** Spoilers ** [8/9/22 January 2019]

Soldato
I liked Sarri at Napoli, and he had them playing some beautiful football, and maybe if Juve didn't have the title wrapped up before a ball is even kicked they'd have won the league. But to say Poch needs to win a trophy is so ******* stupid when you've won nothing in 29 years of management.

Soldato
I agree, was offside, stupid decision

His shoulder and half of his head was offside.

If get that it’s tight and if VAR wasn’t in use there’d be nothing to say, but isn’t the whole idea of VAR to make these fine margins easier to judge.

Shoulder can't be offside

Suppose it depends how they define the shoulder, is it part of your arm or body?

Soldato
It's as clear a penalty as you'll get. You cannot be offside with your shoulder...the fact that Joe Cole has to clarify that is hilarious.

Caporegime
4QpY6hG.jpg

Longest second half of football I've sat through, we were terrible but I don't know why Sarri isn't sticking Giroud out there. Not complaining though.

Don
Robbie Keane is quite possibly the worst pundit ever. His analysis of Kepa's attempt at saving the penalty literally made my head hurt.

Associate
His shoulder and half of his head was offside.

If get that it’s tight and if VAR wasn’t in use there’d be nothing to say, but isn’t the whole idea of VAR to make these fine margins easier to judge.

Suppose it depends how they define the shoulder, is it part of your arm or body?

Then when a player 'shoulders the ball' it should be handball then, ifs a shoulder is not offside then it must be part of the arm, therefore should be handball too.

I thought it was offside, i also thought that there were also some dubious decisions all the way through, spurs have been lucky.

Why chelsea played with no striker was stupid, the amount of times they broke and had no one to pass too.

Don
How he couldn't figure out that Kepa didn't dive because he was gambling on Kane going down the middle and then when it was pointed to him he randomly makes up that Kane's never put a penalty down the middle. He literally had one saved at Anfield last season going down the middle and it came out post game that Liverpool had spotted that he favours going down the middle in big games.

Back
Top Bottom