Carabao Cup - Semi-Finals ** Spoilers ** [9/10/23/24 January 2018]

fez

fez

Caporegime
I know it's early days but VAR is rubbish.

Totally agree. I don't think its going to clear up many incidents at all. At least refs have the excuse of a bad angle or the speed of the game. Now we are going to be complaining about the fact that the amount of contact that the VAR decided was a penalty was nowhere near enough for a penalty.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Morata, Lukaku, and Lacazette have all shown promise but are now struggling/going through bad patches. It’s afflciting all of them, oddly enough.

Tis a bit odd. Can't say I have seen that much of Lacazette but whenever I have seen him he has never looked that good. Lukaku just hasn't been getting the service he needs and his confidence has dropped a bit as a result. Morata is the one that is surprising me. He is getting plenty of service and just fluffing his chances. I wonder whats changed or if its just a bit of a rough patch.

Soldato
I was at the Etihad on Tuesday. Our away support was really good (7,500 is the highest away support ever at the Etihad, but that's only because we're the first team they've allowed 7,500 away fans to attend, I suspect), and noisy as hell. Bristol City performances weren't quite as good on the night as they were against Man Utd, but still a great result for us.

Chelsea v Arsenal was dull as all hell from my perspective, but surprised that Chelsea didn't walk away with it tbh.

Soldato
It's probably lack of confidence and tiredness that have caused Morata's dip in form. He's played nearly 1800 minutes of football in all competitions when previously he'd never played more than 1500 minutes in any season, and we've still got half the season to go. Maybe he just needs a rest.

Back
Top Bottom