Caroline Flack RIP

Soldato
Long history of her being a domestic abuser to multiple partners, awaiting trial for hospitalising her last partner.

Can't help but think there's a huge double standard at play that anyone gives her any sympathy at all.

indeed if a male celeb had a history of battering his partners and had been charged with trying to smash his gfs skull in only to then take his own life I imagine the feel of a thread like this would be totally different

Associate
Your all missing the point moaning about “no empathy” etc.

what makes this woman so different than all the other 1000s of people who die other than her names in the paper, to the point where a thread has to be created for her

why isnt there a general thread if your all so empathetic towards people dying?

Hmm this.

Before social media, people died, who had 5 minutes of fame in the media never got a passing comment.
Why is stardom or a social media profile celebrated so nowadays??

Hundreds of people die worldwide who contributed to mankind more than her.

I read a historic aviation forum. It notes the passing of WW2 aviation pilots, some who made unbelievable sacrifices & this is uk aviation only.....why do you not mention that??

In terms of our history, it is of monumental preportions comapared to her?
Nowadays society is so vacous
I'm sad she felt the need end her life though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Long history of her being a domestic abuser to multiple partners, awaiting trial for hospitalising her last partner.

Can't help but think there's a huge double standard at play that anyone gives her any sympathy at all.

It's probably more that they don't want to step out of line in a collective expression of sympathy and be threatened for being disrespectful. Most people on social media just do whatever they think is popular they daren't express their own views if they're counter to the mainstream.

Soldato
It doesn't affect me that she died. However I can empathise with her situation & the position her family are now in.

Same, I actually had to Google who she was when my Mrs told me. But from what I can see yes she made mistakes which were being sorted in court, but the media set on her and that's a massive problem for the famous (or semi famous) that needs to be addressed.

Sad time for her family, suicide never brings any good. I can empathise with them.

Man of Honour
what makes this woman so different than all the other 1000s of people who die other than her names in the paper, to the point where a thread has to be created for her

I'm no expert, I also had to Google her but in this case it looks like she did something wrong but the Media haven't stopped hounding her and because of it she's taken her own life.
That is different.
With my mental health I think about suicide every day so this story has become a little bit personal now.

Soldato
Not too sure why people are having a go at the media in this particular case. The media didn't make her badly assault her partner, did you see the pics/blood, looked like a pretty brutal attack.

Flack was the one who chose to have a career in the media spotlight, it's no good using the media when it suits you and then having people complain when they report these stories about her. It works both ways.

Still very sad news of course as she must have been going through a lot, but you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Some very good points made if this was a male attacking a female. The sympathy would be very different.

Caporegime
The fact that The Sun, Mirror, etc. have deleted old articles about her in the past hour says it all. Just in time for the inevitable sympathy articles where they pretend not to know how this tragic event could possibly happen.

Soldato

I mean ok if you have any evidence of that let me know. The current trial hasnt even started.
indeed if a male celeb had a history of battering his partners and had been charged with trying to smash his gfs skull in only to then take his own life I imagine the feel of a thread like this would be totally different

Oh bloody behave. Paul Gascoigne is seen as a legend to the media...he smacked his wife all over the place.l...and he mum.

Caroline Flack, without even getting to court, has been absolutely slaughtered by the media.

Soldato
The fact that The Sun, Mirror, etc. have deleted old articles about her in the past hour says it all. Just in time for the inevitable sympathy articles where they pretend not to know how this tragic event could possibly happen.

Exactly this. The media are vile and people need to wake up to it.

Caporegime
When was the Leveson inquiry again? Quite literally **** all was done, and it will continue to be that way with a fleet streeter at the helm.

It's not hard to regulate it while keeping it free.

Soldato

Yup. Seems like this is a mirror of what happens with these controlling dudes who murder-suicide their whole family when the wheels come off their career/finances.

Soldato

Not really. I don't wish death on anyone, no matter what they've done. Being driven to kill herself is something I can sympathize with, regardless of what she'd done to purportedly deserve being put in that position

Edit: also, there was a huge outpouring of grief only a few weeks ago for Kobe,an alleged rapist. What double standard are you alluding to?

Permabanned
Yup. Seems like this is a mirror of what happens with these controlling dudes who murder-suicide their whole family when the wheels come off their career/finances.

Another hypocrisy will be if the assaults were alcohol fueled, Or if it was related to the death. There will be a mass media frenzy about the killer in the bottle, Right? Maybe even moved to class B as well...

Crappy stuff, That and social media i wonder without them would a lot of people still be here they are two things i learned to avoid and enjoy avoiding.

Back
Top Bottom