Caroline Flack RIP

Caporegime
You know that understanding why something happens, doesn't mean I'm empathising with it right?

You didn't show understanding, you showed ignorance. Anyone can cheat, anyone can be faithful, being insecure is pretty natural, beating up said partner isn't the standard result of that.

Being faithful is a choice, not a result of age. You want to cheat, then it doesn't matter of 10million or 10 women are options for you, it only takes one either way. If you don't want to cheat it doesn't matter if there are 10 million or 10 women available to you... because you aren't cheating anyway.

Being younger doesn't make it understandable why she might want to lash out, at all.

Caporegime
Do you not think they are seduced and unaware of the risks, i.e how miserable you can become if you don't deal with situations well and let critisism get to you?

I think the risk of suicide is still rather low regardless - though it's still ultimately their choice to carry on accepting jobs that will put them in the limelight or make any other choices that will result in further public exposure etc..etc..

Some actors/celebs will make all sorts of appearances, be papped going to the latest celeb hangout, actively court publicity etc.. other actors/celebs you won't ever hear about aside from when promoting a movie or TV show etc.. and will know very little about their private lives, who they're dating etc.. because they don't go to the latest celeb hang out.

Don
You didn't show understanding, you showed ignorance. Anyone can cheat, anyone can be faithful, being insecure is pretty natural, beating up said partner isn't the standard result of that.

Being faithful is a choice, not a result of age. You want to cheat, then it doesn't matter of 10million or 10 women are options for you, it only takes one either way. If you don't want to cheat it doesn't matter if there are 10 million or 10 women available to you... because you aren't cheating anyway.

Being younger doesn't make it understandable why she might want to lash out, at all.
I never said the younger fellas weren't being faithful ;)

Caporegime
she was stunning shame that a beautiful women died to something like this. why people debating ranting about a women whos life is ended.sad. shows what morons this planet has.

Associate
Yup, I mean she was hot etc.. and so had managed to keep the TV career going though her 30s but she had just turned 40 - obvs there are other presenting/career options at that stage but the days of being say the face of a show like Love Island were almost over anyway.

It isn't exactly unusual for women who were considered to be pretty attractive though their teens, 20s etc.. to get rather anxious about it all once they're into their 30s and find that people aren't treating them in the same way anymore.
i think that was the main reason for the suicide her losing the love island job she lost it through one moment of madness you never think clear when you have that red mist in your eyes.

Caporegime
What’s her appearance got to do with suicide?

Probably a relevant factor re: the misplaced jealousy with her younger partner - she's just hit 40 and got paranoid/wrongly suspected him of cheating... thus the attack, losing her job and all the negative media coverage etc..

Soldato
Christ this thread is so bad. She was a 40 year old woman with the rest of her life ahead of her.

So she made a mistake(s)? And none of us have?

Associate
Yeah it’s tragic she took her own life...it’s tragic when anybody does...

I feel sorry for her family...suicide is futile.
Yep i bet most people who had suicidal thoughts in the past will look back and say im glad i didn't go through with it nothings that bad that its better to end your life lose a job get another one a girl dumps you plenty more fish in the sea.

Soldato
Oh come off it... both Caroline and Megan chose to put themselves in the limelight and be talked about/featured in the news etc.. - that involves both praise and criticism... in the case of Caroline it was pretty much well deserved criticism.

If your in the public eye you have to take the rough with the smooth i never get when people blame social media saying being bullied online like twitter turn your computer off or don't look.

Yes both of them put themselves in the public eye but does that mean that they have to take whatever the press and public throw at them? I don't know anything about Caroline Flack because I've never watched a reality TV show (well I watched the first series of Big Brother and that was enough to last a lifetime) and I just don't remember her in Bo' Selecta so I googled her. Yeah she seemed to have some anger issues and relationship issues, she was about to answer for those in court. However it seems the press and social media were pretty relentless and that on top of her losing her job pushed her over the edge. I'm sure articles like in The Sun on valentines day didn't help, a cheap story for a cheap laugh at her expense. Now I'm not saying people and the press can't criticise public figures but there are always going to be limits on what a person can take. They are no different to anyone else and bullying is bullying, be it the workplace on social media or anywhere else. It can drive people to killing themselves. As for Piers Morgan, if the stories are true the only reason he's relentlessly on Markle's case is that she shunned him when he wanted to interview her. And for that he goes after her at any given opportunity. Its petty and he's using his position of power to bully someone. Now he's crying because his friend committed suicide when it is people like him who are partly responsible for driving her to that. The man is scum, hacking peoples phones should have been the end of his media career. He should be stacking shelves in Tescos, although I wouldn't wish him on the Tescos workers.

EQ2YOjxXYAA7aPB

Caporegime
So she made a mistake(s)? And none of us have?

Assuming he was cheating was a mistake, attacking her partner was a deliberate action on her part.

She deserved to be called out for it, criticised in the media etc.. just as any other person who courts publicity and then ends up doing something shameful will experience negative publicity.

That she took her own life is of course sad, it doesn't make the criticism of her in the media or the sacking of a domestic abuser from a TV show wrong. That she couldn't then cope mentally is kinda down to her, not something to blame the media for.

Yes both of them put themselves in the public eye but does that mean that they have to take whatever the press and public throw at them?

I didn't say they should - I'm saying that beating your partner is something that's perfectly valid to be called out on... I didn't say the press should gang up on them for no reason at all.

Megan is being talked about when she does something publicly, that commentary can be both negative and positive - when it comes to hypocritical stuff re: climate change etc.. that's fair game IMO.. though the thread has nothing to do with Megan but rather a female celeb who beat her partner and then lost her job as a result.

Caporegime
I never said the younger fellas weren't being faithful ;)

and I didn't say you did.

Example.

Woman shoots black guy who was walking down the street for two blocks 50ft behind her. Someone says it's wrong that they shot them, but you understand being scared because a black person was following you.

THat person didn't say that they thought that black person was going to rob that women, but by stating they understood the woman's fear they are inherently saying they think black people are more dangerous and she had a valid reason to believe she was going to get attacked.

You don't need to believe they cheated, by stating you understood Flack could be insecure due to dating younger guys you are inherently stating it's a valid concern to believe young guys were likely to cheat on her.

Don
and I didn't say you did.

Example.

Woman shoots black guy who was walking down the street for two blocks 50ft behind her. Someone says it's wrong that they shot them, but you understand being scared because a black person was following you.

THat person didn't say that they thought that black person was going to rob that women, but by stating they understood the woman's fear they are inherently saying they think black people are more dangerous and she had a valid reason to believe she was going to get attacked.

You don't need to believe they cheated, by stating you understood Flack could be insecure due to dating younger guys you are inherently stating it's a valid concern to believe young guys were likely to cheat on her.
I never said such a thing, I said an insecure women, could have that heightened by the fact that the younger, famous guys would be getting lots of attention from other women causing here to believe they could be cheating on her. I never said it was valid or justified. We're not talking about random people, we're talking about her partners.

I dunno why people seem to think that excuses her behaviour.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes both of them put themselves in the public eye but does that mean that they have to take whatever the press and public throw at them? I don't know anything about Caroline Flack because I've never watched a reality TV show (well I watched the first series of Big Brother and that was enough to last a lifetime) and I just don't remember her in Bo' Selecta so I googled her. Yeah she seemed to have some anger issues and relationship issues, she was about to answer for those in court. However it seems the press and social media were pretty relentless and that on top of her losing her job pushed her over the edge. I'm sure articles like in The Sun on valentines day didn't help, a cheap story for a cheap laugh at her expense. Now I'm not saying people and the press can't criticise public figures but there are always going to be limits on what a person can take. They are no different to anyone else and bullying is bullying, be it the workplace on social media or anywhere else. It can drive people to killing themselves. As for Piers Morgan, if the stories are true the only reason he's relentlessly on Markle's case is that she shunned him when he wanted to interview her. And for that he goes after her at any given opportunity. Its petty and he's using his position of power to bully someone. Now he's crying because his friend committed suicide when it is people like him who are partly responsible for driving her to that. The man is scum, hacking peoples phones should have been the end of his media career. He should be stacking shelves in Tescos, although I wouldn't wish him on the Tescos workers.

EQ2YOjxXYAA7aPB
If someones trying to bully you on social media turn your computer off its gone ignorance is bliss.

Back
Top Bottom