Case badges on customized My lian li

Permabanned
Custimizing my lian li

I have just taken a very brave step and decided to cut my case up, no not quite literaly just the side panel.

dsc00086pv7.jpg

When it is finished there will be some thin perspex over the holes ( Obviously )
and a am putting an nvidia etch on the top half somewere . Pic below

dsc00091vi4.jpg

And then i have managed to get some case badges from bits i have bought and an online auction site . Pic below

dsc00090ul5.jpg

So my question is were should i stick my badges, or would you not. Gt Junkie would appreciate your help and anyone else that has a sensible suggestion.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally I wouldn't bother with the stickers, I like clean simple cases.

If you are going to put them on though, do something like put bluetac on the back, to see what they'll look like on the case. That way if you don't like the positions, or just them being there you can easily remove them.

InvG

Soldato
Hi Dan,

A lot of people tend to cringe at the thought of putting badges like those on the cases. The nvidia etch is a nice idea - i'd happily recommend you do that.

Personally, the badges (if placed anywhere) should be inside the case, but i'd probably leave it.

Invader's suggestion of blu-tac is excellent too.

Put them on that way then post pics if you want a second, third and fourth opinion! :)

Does look ace though mate! :cool:

gt

Soldato
Dwbreeze1982 said:
so what about sticking them inside the door, i think u are all right in saying leave the side untouched, after all it did take a long time to do.
If you really want to do that then it's up to you. Would be ok as they'd be hidden behind the door most of the time.

I actually did that with my old P180 - i stuck them on the 5 1/4" and 3.5" bays so i could remove them if i ever needed. ;)

gt

Soldato
That window job is great, I really like the way you've broken it up into sections.

At the end of the day, its your case, you're the one thats going to have to look at it all day, so do what you want to! But just to add my opinion, if you want to put them on, I'd go for putting them inside the case.

PK!

Soldato
Dwbreeze1982 said:
how does that look, next to the lian li badge, just an idea, thanks for the blue tack idea aswell but couldnt find any, typical.

Failing that anyone want some case badges.
Looks ok actually. Goes fairly well with the lian li badge TBH.

gt

Permabanned
OP
thanks for the help guys, as the door is shut most of the time, it wont affect my case and im never gonna sell it , cost me to much and look at the size, u just got a love it, any way back to topic so inside the door it is.

Thanks everyone ;) and cheers GT, u never on msn anymore ?

Permabanned
OP
misterPK said:
That window job is great, I really like the way you've broken it up into sections.

At the end of the day, its your case, you're the one thats going to have to look at it all day, so do what you want to! But just to add my opinion, if you want to put them on, I'd go for putting them inside the case.

PK!

Yeh it was a real pain with a jigsaw, the alluminium has no support anymore ( hardly suprising really ) It was trying to bend and twist but got there in the end

Permabanned
OP
Azza said:
Why not get the names/badges of the companies you have on them stickers etched into the various windows?

good idea mate but would be to expensive and if i upgrade in the future might not have certain companys

Anyways the finished product, well nearly

dsc00093tf3.jpg

and one of the front

dsc00094fg6.jpg

Yeh thats 2 fan crollers, 1 for the bottom and one for the top. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom