Cat has been nicked

Caporegime
It takes 1-2 minutes - round here they tour supermarket car parks looking for Hondas and Toyotas or as it's pretty quick just going round residential areas and stopping in the road suffices:

I love the way modern society would rather stop and video atrocities happening than just stop it in the first place. A quick yell out of the window would have stopped that, surely.

Gotta get those social media likes yo.

Soldato
Why is the Honda CRV seemingly targeted? We had a spate of cat thefts in the local area and the majority were CRVs, I think there were in excess of 20 done in one night.

Easy access and space to cut.
there is a manual tool that can cut exhaust pipes really quick and do not make a noise

You can even buy anti theft devices for catalytic converters

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You can get aftermarket catalytic converters which meet the requirements, if I remember correctly the honda one has 4-6 bolts.

Could buy a cat and fit yourself, or give it to a local mechanic and it shouldn't cost more than 40£ for the labour...

Associate
They will have trouble steeling my cats, one is gone and in a cupboard somewhere along with the rest of the crap exhaust the second aux one is in the exhaust manifold and that will take a looooong time to remove, if i aint done it already as thats getting swapped for a performance on.

MOT... pfftt... thats why you are friends with MOT testers...

Soldato
There is probably one on the manifold as well on this car, I know there is on some of the Toyotas. Often you can scrape through the emissions test with just that. Add some octane booster before the test to make sure :)

Associate
more worried about the possibility of fitting a new one and them coming back for it . had similar problems a few years back , they nick the used item wait for a ne replacement then nick that grrrrrrrr forget the cat and get a dog :)

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I have to lol at the effort it must take to steal a cat which is probably worth £50.

Sadly they are worth a hell of a lot more than £50. I had a scrap Accord 2.0 petrol, its was a 2004 model that was a dog, worth £50 tops. I got £350 for the car along and I scrapped the rest of the car and got £70 for that.

Cat thefts are crazy at the moment, the prevalence of companies buying these damn things is crazy, doesnt help that battery powered grinders make it a 5 min job to hack an exhaust up.

Soldato
Same way ****** steal them from other places, including telephone exchanges on the street. Cut their way in and take what they can carry...

Seen street cabinets referred to as exchanges a few times recently - they aren't exchanges. In the UK a telephone exchange refers to a sizable building with lots of equipment in it. The street cabinet is nothing more than a junction box between you and the exchange.

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

Soldato
Good luck getting to mine, even with jacks it's a pain in the ass even if you had a saw. It's all integrated into the downpipe.

Back
Top Bottom