Cat has been nicked

Soldato
I love the way modern society would rather stop and video atrocities happening than just stop it in the first place. A quick yell out of the window would have stopped that, surely.

Gotta get those social media likes yo.

I'm not sure about that. They usually arm themselves people don't wanna get involved the same way they didn't with all the motorbike thefts last year where they'd just rock up 2-a-scooter and one would start hacking the bike lock in broad daylight while the other waved a weapon about to put any have-a-go-heroes off.

Someone posted on my areas FB group where they were shouting out the window as their neighbours car was being done and they just blanked them - unless it's the police or people are running at them in numbers and/or prepared to get physical they don't care. Endemic round here atm.

Soldato
I'm not sure about that. They usually arm themselves people don't wanna get involved the same way they didn't with all the motorbike thefts last year where they'd just rock up 2-a-scooter and one would start hacking the bike lock in broad daylight while the other waved a weapon about to put any have-a-go-heroes off.

Someone posted on my areas FB group where they were shouting out the window as their neighbours car was being done and they just blanked them - unless it's the police or people are running at them in numbers and/or prepared to get physical they don't care. Endemic round here atm.

Air rifle from the window. Should be quite easy to pick them off unseen from a dark room :p

Soldato
Not read the entire thread, but I'd recommend a genuine cat. Non gen cats don't last long and can throw the EML light on and/or fail the emission test at MOT after a year.

I've seen some cheap ones fail out of the box.

You have to remember cats are expensive because they contain a lot of precious metals. The only was to make them cheaper is to use less of these metals, resulting in them not working as well.

Associate
notice on ebay company now selling shields that cover the cat on japanese cars looks like they do a fitting service around london ...someones loss is anothers gain

Soldato
They look like they could still be cut through though. They should line them with something which tangles up in the saw, similar to chainsaw proof clothing.

Associate
Wonder if one of those daft tennis racket shaped fly killers could be used?
Few mods to it, mounted differently and left to run off some lipos that charge with the car - nasty zaps those can give when modded.

Associate
my eurocarparts guy was telling me also about the rise in cat's going missing!

crv are a very targeted car as to jazz/civic's ect
worth big money, the scrappies need to ban erm tbh

Soldato
It takes 1-2 minutes - round here they tour supermarket car parks looking for Hondas and Toyotas or as it's pretty quick just going round residential areas and stopping in the road suffices:

That's absolute madness.

My dad has his series 3 land-rover fuel cap cut off (padlocked) and his fuel siphoned 3 days ago...desperation..

Fuels not even significantly expensive at the moment either. Diesel was a good 15-20p a litre more expensive 12-18 months ago.

Soldato
Not read the entire thread, but I'd recommend a genuine cat. Non gen cats don't last long and can throw the EML light on and/or fail the emission test at MOT after a year.

I've seen some cheap ones fail out of the box.

After market cats these days last longer because genuine one gets robbed before they reach end of life.

Associate

Exactly that. My bro-in-law saw this happening on a quiet residential street and when he confronted them they chased him off with a tyre iron or something. Police ended up at the wrong location so criminals got away easily.

Back
Top Bottom