Cat was put down today after being shot by an air rifle

Associate
Very sad day for our family today.

We only got our cat Teddy from the CPL about 5 weeks ago, and only started letting him outside 2 weeks ago. Last Thursday he went out and didn't come back. My mum went out to hand out leaflets in our local area today and bumped into a neighbour, who said they'd seen a cat matching his description limping under their hedge late last week.
By a process of elimination and assuming he was trying to make it back to our house, she finally found him lying in a box in another neighbour's shed and immediately took him to the vets.
At first it looked like he'd been hit by a car, but the vet found that he'd been shot by an air rifle, and the pellet had passed through his spine, paralysing his back legs. There was nothing they could do for him except put him to sleep.

I can't begin to fathom how anyone could do something like this, he was wearing a collar with a bell, so obviously belonged to someone.
With his back legs paralysed he must have had to drag himself into our neighbour's shed, which just breaks my heart.
He was five years old, and wouldn't hurt a fly.

R.I.P. Ted, you didn't deserve to go out like you did.

Associate
augh! sorry to hear about this dude. If this happened to my two I would be a jibbering wreak. My cats are part of the family and no doubt yours was too.

My two don't go out around this area for this very reason, maybe when I move and have scoped out the area i'll let them out.

I would rather keep them in then allow some nutter to shoot my cat!

Associate
Im so sorry to hear about this :( We are cat owners ourselves and would be devestated if anything like this happened. As far as im concerned people who do this should share the same fate.

Caporegime
That's terrible. :/ Sorry to hear that! :(

There are some people on this forum who usually mention shooting cats who go in their gardens because they're "vermin". Just ridiculous.

Soldato
That's disgusting, I can't believe how sick some people are.
Poor thing. I can deal with people being cruel to other people, but when it's to animals then I just want to go psycho.

Caporegime
Sad, but that's life.

We live in what can only be described as a fudged up world.

People get murdered, robbed, abused, starved to death... every second. In this country our animals generally have a better life than a lot of people.

Sorry about your cat. Cruelty to animals is sick.

Back
Top Bottom