Cat was put down today after being shot by an air rifle

Soldato
Sorry to hear that, must be heartbreaking.

That's just not on. I'd be tempted to get it in the local rag and someone might know the kids (presumably) that decided that would be a good idea. Might save someone elses cat from a similar fate.

Permabanned
We had our cat fed cat food with many small shards of broken glass in it once by a neighbour, because he didn't like the fact we'd bought a brand new car and he couldn't afford one! (Go figure!)

The cat had a really really nasty death actually. Surprisingly nasty.

Man of Honour
We had our cat fed cat food with many small shards of broken glass in it once by a neighbour, because he didn't like the fact we'd bought a brand new car and he couldn't afford one! (Go figure!)

The cat had a really really nasty death actually. Surprisingly nasty.

If that's true, then I don't think I would be able to be held responsible for my actions toward that person, if it were my cat. :mad:

Caporegime
^^ Alexhull24's suggestion is a good idea imo.

Years back when I had two cats of my own there was a string of similar offences being committed in my local area. I won't repeat what these offences are since it won't help and I think the OP is already going through enough pain as it is but it was through something like a notice in the local paper that made us aware and I am sure it helped to save more cats from being harmed.

Associate
people have been shooting small fury things in this country for centuries.

It's not new.

Shame about the cat :(

Yeah, people sometimes do apply double standards. But there's a big difference between shooting for food or protecting farm animals/humans from wild predators, and shooting a defenceless animal purely for sadistic pleasure.

Associate
The cat being killed is not a nice thing indeed.

But just reading over some of the posts on this thread just make me feel :confused:

The people who say that the perpetrator should suffer the same fate are freaks.

The people who say that they feel that the suffering of an animal is worse than a human (yes even on this thread there are some) should honestly take a good long look at their priorities.

Yes its upsetting, cats are nice creatures, but c'mon :/

Back
Top Bottom