Cat was put down today after being shot by an air rifle

Caporegime
Its just another example of the state of our once GREAT country.

RIP you must have been one strong cat to get as far as you did.

people have been shooting small fury things in this country for centuries.

It's not new.

Shame about the cat :(

Permabanned
Sad thing to happen, but it happens all the time to cats, one of the risks of owning on and letting out and the fact its will be going on peoples property

Caporegime
I don't mind admitting that while reading the OP's information I couldn't help myself and became quite emotional. So sorry for your loss, feel for you and your family. At least he isn't suffering now.

RIP Teddy. :( :(

Associate
Sorry about your cat, I love my air rifle but to think to turn it on a cat is just terrible :(

I hope you have reported it to the police, and as you say it must be someone close by. Ask around locally as hopefully someone might know something or have heard an air rifle being fired recently in someones garden.

Soldato
One of the reasons I haven't got any cats/dogs since about 16 years old.

Had a number of cats for many years previous to that - but the last one I had got a pitch fork (or similar) stuck into it's back/legs according to the vet that treated her. She managed to make it home and into our garage when my dad found her. Unfortunately we had to put her down also at about 6 years old -and we had a fair idea which neighbour did it.

Man of Honour
That is horrible, im so sorry to hear that.

I have a cat and I would be absolutely gutted if someone did that to him.

I also keep air guns and im hoping this thread won't spark a debate about that, but if someone did that to my cat, I'd be knocking on doors and trying to find out who it was.

RIP Cat :(

Soldato
Its just another example of the state of our once GREAT country.

RIP you must have been one strong cat to get as far as you did.

Stuff like this has been going on since the dawn of man.

Did you ever see the video of the chimps chasing monkeys through the trees so they could rend them limb from limb?

"I know I am fed up of this credit cruch I will take it out on a cat?"

Sorry for your loss. OP

Back
Top Bottom