CES 2021

Associate
OP
No i feel 27" is really to small for 4K

I thought my acer x27 was pretty sweet. LG could literally win the high end monitor market if they brought out a 27/32 inch version. Who would buy a x27 or pg35vq if that was the case? You would be mad. Especially if they covered burn in their warranty.

Soldato
I thought my acer x27 was pretty sweet. LG could literally win the high end monitor market if they brought out a 27/32 inch version. Who would buy a x27 or pg35vq if that was the case? You would be mad. Especially if they covered burn in their warranty.
Your right if there was a 32" 4K 120+hz OLED with burn in warranty or no chance of burn in i wouldn't of bought my PG35

There 48" is far to big for my setup plus the size would look really stupid on my desk setup,
Burn in also worries me a lot after being a plasma & OLED owner for 14 years am very used to not leaving static images on screen for very long,
So i think having an OLED monitor would just drive me mad worrying about getting burn in all the time on it..

Soldato
LG have announced a 48 inch bendable OLED. Yes, it can be flat or curved.
Only thing I want to see bending is marketroids getting bent with face down on dirt for miserable advance of PC monitors:
Horrible slow coming of gaming capable 4K monitors...
Still same old LCD crap as 15 years ago...

Now they just need to announce one that we can cut around 10 to 16 inches of it off :p
I think we would first need to cut down marketroids selling same old LCD crap over and over.

Caporegime
WOW $2100 for a 60hz , 300nit, HDMI 2.0 monitor
Dell's 40-inch U4021QW and 38-inch U3821DW will both be available in late January 2021 for $2100 and $1400, respectively.
Don't worry they'll release an Alienware branded 100hz screen for $4,000.

Got to love the outstanding value in the monitor market (compared with TVs). A freakin' LG 48" OLED is massively cheaper. And a billion times better.

Soldato
Got to love the outstanding value in the monitor market (compared with TVs). A freakin' LG 48" OLED is massively cheaper. And a billion times better.
Indeed.
That LG's OLED is 1200€ here in Finland.
If I met bean counters and marketroids of monitor makers they would have their ears ringing untill Christmas from some "mild" critical feedback.

Caporegime
Every time I look at the monitor market and then see people dropping £1+k on LCD monitors still.........

ORslsai.gif

When will people wake up and see that they are being bent over and letting these companies go in completely dry :p :D

I picked up my iiyama 34" 1440 144hz freesync premium for £400 and still feel dirty even paying that!!!!! (although is a great monitor for the price when compared to basically everything else out there atm). Meanwhile I got my lg oled 55e7 3+ years ago for £999 and it is superior in every way except for input lag. Madness....

Associate
I hope we get samsung g7 panel with less curve, msi mag274 quantum dot version but with srgb mode, or LG nano IPS with better contrast, that's all we need.

Soldato
Every time I look at the monitor market and then see people dropping £1+k on LCD monitors still.........

ORslsai.gif

When will people wake up and see that they are being bent over and letting these companies go in completely dry :p :D
My guess is people will stop throwing 1k+ at LCD PC monitors the day a better PC monitor tech gets released ;)

But that could be many years away...:(

Makes me laugh how so many people have only just realised how bad a PC monitor actually looks compared to a high end TV..
I already knew this around 14 years ago from comparing my dell 2405 LCD monitor against my Pioneer plasma TV's ;);) And still nothing has changed 14 years later ;);)

Last edited:
Caporegime
My guess is people will stop throwing 1k+ at LCD PC monitors the day a better PC monitor tech gets released ;)

But that could be many years away...:(
Yup it won't be any time soon! As long as people keep buying LCD monitors with no sign of sales slowing down, then we're going to be stuck with LCD for a lonnnnnnnnnng time.

Also, thanks to covid, everyone WFH etc. etc. monitors are also being sought after massively so prices have increased even further etc. :(

EDIT:

Obviously a LCD will never match oled but the thing that annoys me is how monitor manufacturers are doing nothing to address the main disadvantages of LCD/IPS i.e. glow, **** poor contrast ratio, QC.

EDIT:

Same, I had a panasonic plasma back in the day and it was lovely although the burn in concern, that and monitors had some "noticeable" advantages then i.e. the responsiveness, resolution/clarity and so on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup it won't be any time soon! As long as people keep buying LCD monitors with no sign of sales slowing down, then we're going to be stuck with LCD for a lonnnnnnnnnng time.

Also, thanks to covid, everyone WFH etc. etc. monitors are also being sought after massively so prices have increased even further etc. :(

EDIT:

Obviously a LCD will never match oled but the thing that annoys me is how monitor manufacturers are doing nothing to address the main disadvantages of LCD/IPS i.e. glow, **** poor contrast ratio, QC.

EDIT:

Same, I had a panasonic plasma back in the day and it was lovely although the burn in concern, that and monitors had some "noticeable" advantages then i.e. the responsiveness, resolution/clarity and so on.
The only thing that really bugs me about LCD monitors is they don't seem to have that depth or shine to the picture like an OLED & plasma screen,
Not sure how much this is to do with most LCD screens are matt and not glossy like an OLED/Plasma

Last edited:
Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom