Champions League 24/25th April *spoilers*

SpeedFreak said:
Kev, are you really trying to suggest that Milan are favorites? United were no way fav.orites to got through against Roma after the first leg

Yep, Milan aren't Roma, they're a better team and I think the two away goals could be crucial.

If you asked both managers if they'd have taken that result before the match, I'm sure Alex wouldn't have.

Having said that, United are still in with a great chance and can do it, but I'd put my dosh on Milan at this point.

Big Kev said:
Yep, Milan aren't Roma, they're a better team and I think the two away goals could be crucial.

If you asked both managers if they'd have taken that result before the match, I'm sure Alex wouldn't have.

Having said that, United are still in with a great chance and can do it, but I'd put my dosh on Milan at this point.

I agree Milan are going to be loving it at the moment but slightly worried about how MU kept battering them and fought till the end, this MU team is always capable of scoring goals you cant buy that ;)

all to play for in my book.

we will lose the tie though if we in anyway play for a draw. We simply do not have enough fit defenders to do it, and with Evra out of the second leg things are looking even grimmer in that area.

We must adopt the Newcastle Utd strategy in the away leg imho.

We will score more than you !

if not we could be undone.

The injuries they picked up wont help neither, Gattuso and Maldini are big losses

I thought that Bonera was very good

From what the commentators were saying it was touch and go for Maldini for the next leg. Imho Rooney had the better of Nesta. Milan have to Win to progress Utd have to win to ensure they are in Athens. Should be another great game

Scholes was MOM by a few streets for me.

That Gillardinho up front is absolute ****. All he does is put himself about a bit and cheat, winning the odd freekick. Thing is they'll get given in Milan and they could capitalise. For the good of football let's have a strong ref.

Also didn't realise Kaka was so mobile, his second was a cracker.

It will interesting to see how both sides set up. Although its not in Utd's nature to sit back, its one of those strange situations where Utd may be wary of going forward and getting hit on the break with a 1-0 knocking them out and it will be interesting to see whether Milan go out and attack Utd or play there usual patient game and try and knock the ball about and pick Utd off.

Really balanced and should be a great 2nd leg

BrenOS said:
Also didn't realise Kaka was so mobile, his second was a cracker.
he's so disceptively quick, he's one of those guys that glide across the ground

Very nervous to watch, had to play Pro Evolution Soccer. :(

Judging by the first half performance, Milan plays it very simple and effective.

I hope Man Utd can go and win it.

i think roma looked stronger than milan. passed the baller around better but just didnt have the goal threat kaka gives you.
however, even with our defense being what it was, they only had 2 chances all night and imo were lucky to come away with only the 3-2.
we have a good chance now because while we may perhaps will concede in italy, im pretty sure we will also score.

I thought Kaka was the only real threat tonight.

Go to Milan, shackle him, and play counterattacking football, and I can see us winning the second leg outright, not just on aggregate! :D

Good goal by Rooney.
Milan are still in with a shout imo.

Gila did nothing all game. Waste of a player.
The game was very open, both teams had spells of domination, and despite what some might say, Milan had just as many 'domination spells' as United did.
Dida, did his usual of brillient one minute, rubbish the next.
Bonera, as usual, did excellent when he come on. A very under-rated player.
Kaka started doing well after his first goal.
But its not as easy as people make out to 'shackle' Kaka. If it was, then he wouldnt have done what he did tonight.

We looked very composed on the ball, very relaxed. A sign of experiance and class imo. While we dont attack with the same pace as United, no-one can deny that the fluency of Milans passing, and the calmness of the players under pressure is impressive.

Im quite pleased with the result tbh. 3-2 is a good result in my eyes.

The thing with Kaka is that we didn't 'shackle' him until the second half, had we defended as a unit I don't think Kaka would have scored twice in the first half. We upped the pace in the second half and kudos to Ferguson for motivating the players at half time, Milan just couldn't keep up with us. Despite the two away goals, I think we'll score in Milan if we up the tempo again and go all out and attack. We'll go through with a draw in Milan (goals or not) but a win would be the icing on the cake. Then we can concentrate on the final 3 games in the Premiership knowing that the F.A Cup final and Champions League final awaits us in the last 2 weeks of May.

i thourght Kaka had just as much space in the 2nd half as the first. Just have to look when he ran clear down the right (when he dragged his shot wide) and when he had a clear run at your back 4 only for Heinze to make a good tackle.

BaZ87 said:
i thourght Kaka had just as much space in the 2nd half as the first. Just have to look when he ran clear down the right (when he dragged his shot wide) and when he had a clear run at your back 4 only for Heinze to make a good tackle.

We were much more aware of him in the second half than the first that's for sure. Heinze made damn well sure he wasn't going to get past him. Evra, defensively was shocking tonight. There may have been a few times where he had space in the second half, but overall more players were getting back, including Ronaldo who was about to make a challenge just outside the box before Heinze took the ball of Kaka.

Scholes and Carrick seems to rotate a little, there were obvious periods in the game where Scholes was the last man in midfield with Carrick and Fletcher ahead of him and then Carrick dropping deeper. Fingers crossed for Gary Neville being back next week, though someone will definitely have to stick to Kaka.

Man utd will not win the champions league for sure. They simply are not good enough, I am sure this statement will provoke much abuse, however, it is the truth. They play 2 okish games, both revealing score lines that perhaps produce a false sense of what the games were actually like. Kaka is amazing and will be at the San Siro.

I do believe at this stage Ac Milan will be fairly content with the scoreline, the game will remain open during the second leg as both teams need to score - it would be unwise for Man utd to attempt to protect this slender lead.

It amazes me at how many idiotic players there are in the utd set up; Giggs, Fletcher, the ape aka Carrick, Ronaldo - the fake tanned chipmunk, Neville who is currently out owing to plastic surgery on his face, and mr potato head rooney.

Come on Milan

parts of post removed - you can think what you like of other teams but don't post negative comments aimed at other forum members

Back
Top Bottom