champions league final tickets 2011

Associate
would have loved to go but at £176 for the cheapest ticket I just can not justify that amount of money...especially as I would need to buy 3 tickets for the family to go.

Caporegime
Is there a list of cheapest tickets from the last 5-10 finals? I am sure prices go up year on year but I can't help but think they have slapped a big London tax on the price. £26 for an administration fee - really!?I may be completely wrong but that seems very expensive for a non club ticket?

Last edited:
Soldato
I assume this is just for the 2nd tier?

I hope Spurs and Arsenal charge a lot less to their members when the 1st and 3rd tier tickets are released. (Spurs beat Arsenal 12-0 in the final this year btw, I've seen it in a dream. :p)

Associate
club tickets priced at £80, and I would like to know how the f can you charge £26 admin fee, and UEFA complain about the money in the EPL.....

Caporegime
club tickets priced at £80, and I would like to know how the f can you charge £26 admin fee, and UEFA complain about the money in the EPL.....

they charge these fees on every tickets these days, just look at concert tickets for example.

these fees are usually per ticket too, so if your buying 5 tickets its 5 x £26, because people would group together in order to get around it, so they just charge per ticket.

the amount of profit made on these things is crazy, you should look at opening up a ticket office.

Soldato
where do you apply, its worth having a pop, i think if you get 1 english team in the final you could make your money back on ebay if you did not fancy it, a worthy investment

Soldato
£176 is a lot, but to me its worth it.

The same way I'd pay a lot for a glass of water if I was really thirsty and there was nothing else available.

Caporegime
No, don't get me wrong. I'd love to go. I'd love to see a Champions league final.

I'd rather go to one in another country to be honest :p

It's just, I pay like 450 ish or about that for a season ticket for my club, but for like almost a quarter of that I can see one game. How much were World Cup final tickets?

I just can't see a reason to spend that much money on the TICKET for one game, as much as I'd love to see the final.

Saying all this, I'm due back about £1500 in tax in a couple of weeks so I'll see about getting tickets haha

Caporegime
£176 is a lot, but to me its worth it.

The same way I'd pay a lot for a glass of water if I was really thirsty and there was nothing else available.

what?

that analogy just doesnt work. there are other options available, you can watch the game at home for whatever the subscription cost is and have a great view of the whole game, or if you want atmosphere go into your local city and find a sports bar, it will be packed for the final, i did this once whilst at uni, think it was liverpool and milan final and we booked a table at the sports cafe, we had a meal a few drinks and the place had like over 10 tv's within viewing distance and it was jam packed, so the atmosphere was great, not as good as wembley but it would cost me a minimum of £500 more to go there with flights, hotels, spending money, tickets, etc.

you need water to live, you dont need to watch this football game in order to live so you cant compare the two.

is it worth me paying £500+ to see the final in a crap seat? no chance. if i was going to do it, i would go to a final at the nou camp and make a holiday of it at the same time, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Last edited:
Soldato
is it worth me paying £500+ to see the final in a crap seat? no chance. if i was going to do it, i would go to a final at the nou camp and make a holiday of it at the same time, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

So even if the tickets were free you'd be moaning at the £324 cost for one game from a rubbish seat. If they were £100 you'd be at £424.

Secondly, I'm purely thirsty, didn't say I was dying of dehydration. The fact is they have a monopoly of tickets and could charge more than £176 if they wanted, because people would be willing to (its simply worth it to many people).

Thirdly, I've seen many games on TV and at bars. No thanks with sports cafes where half the people aren't really football fans but are there just to get wasted. Been many times to them different whilst at university and it ruins the game, would prefer a pub.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So even if the tickets were free you'd be moaning at the £324 cost for one game from a rubbish seat. If they were £100 you'd be at £424.

Secondly, I'm purely thirsty, didn't say I was dying of dehydration. The fact is they have a monopoly of tickets and could charge more than £176 if they wanted, because people would be willing to (its simply worth it to many people).

Thirdly, I've seen many games on TV and at bars. No thanks with sports cafes where half the people aren't really football fans but are there just to get wasted. Been many times to them different whilst at university and it ruins the game, would prefer a pub.

usually the people in sports cafes aren't football fans, but on champions league final day, they all are, well thats what it was like up here.

if i was going to do it, once in a lifetime thing and all, why pay £500+ and go for a crap seat? i would rather pay £1K+ and get a decent seat.

its a bit like going out and buying a brand new bmw but with a 1.8l engine in it, if i was going to spend that kind of money on a brand new bmw i would at least go for at least a 3l and get the full enjoyment out of it. with a 1.8l engine the car would be a major disappointment for the amount of money spent, sure its still a brand new bmw, but i just wouldnt be pleased at spending that kind of money on a car and getting something which lacked oomph.

if you live local in london, then sure its only £200 for a crap seat, once in a lifetime thing, but for me, i would want to get my money's worth and get a decent seat, not too close and not too far away because it would be costing me a lot more for a seat.

Associate
I'm applying as I have permission from the wife if Arsenal get their then I can fly over. I went to Paris last time we got to the final & was such an amazing atmos.

Don
Is there a list of cheapest tickets from the last 5-10 finals? I am sure prices go up year on year but I can't help but think they have slapped a big London tax on the price. £26 for an administration fee - really!?I may be completely wrong but that seems very expensive for a non club ticket?

The prices are extortionate. In 2005 tickets were priced between €20 to €150 and that was when €1 was only about £0.70 too.

I'd love to hear an explanation for the £26 admin fee though.

Back
Top Bottom