champions league final tickets 2011

Associate
Just applied for a Category 1 ticket (cheapest). I don't see the point in spending much more. I would say the view is just as good anywhere in Wembley. Obviously maybe abit further away in places but no big deal.

Soldato
OP
thanks gent applied myself but it is a lottery

knowing uefa/fifa probably everyone who is from UK won't get a ticket and they'll give them all to everyone else. I've lost faith these anti english footballing governing bodies.

Man of Honour
Just applied for a Category 1 ticket (cheapest). I don't see the point in spending much more. I would say the view is just as good anywhere in Wembley. Obviously maybe abit further away in places but no big deal.

I watched the Switzerland game from one of the back rows in tier 5, now admittedly I have atrocious eyesight but it wasn't great, I certainly wouldn't be happy paying over £350 for a pair of tickets plus travel compared to watching on HDTV.

Don

I guess you mean category 3? Category 1 tickets are the most expensive at £300 a piece.

Is it certain that category 3 tickets are in the upper tier? I ask as the 2 finalists are being given category 4 tickets.

Caporegime
nope sorry - thats just an excuse for being scum in my opinion (as you dont do it so its not directed at you)

being a drug dealer is supply and demand huh? yeah ok

If someone buys a ticket to fully intend to go, and then cant for whatever reason thats one thing - being able to be first in teh queue (while most are at work etc) and buying as many as possible to basically sell on the black market is totally different (and think you are being a little short sighted if you dont see any difference)

wont the tickets have your name on it?

how can you sell them? or do the people risk it, using someone elses name?

Don
The tickets will have the purchasers name on but do you really think ~90,000 are going to be ID'd going into the ground? :o

The vast majority of the 'neutral' tickets sold by UEFA and ones given to clubs/sponsors etc, end up getting sold on the black market.

Associate
I guess you mean category 3? Category 1 tickets are the most expensive at £300 a piece.

Is it certain that category 3 tickets are in the upper tier? I ask as the 2 finalists are being given category 4 tickets.

Q5: What are the Ticket prices available for general public for UEFA Champions
League Final?

A5: Tickets to the general public are available in the following price categories:

Price Category 1 (centrally positioned) 300 GBP
Price Category 2 (mainly in the corners and behind the goals, level2) 225 GBP
Price Category 3 (along touchline, level 5) 150 GBP
Price Category 2 Youth Package (Child & Adult) 338 GBP

Please take note for youth package tickets, one ticket is for a child. The year of birth of the child (2nd ticket holder) must be between 1999 (included) and 2006 (included).

Soldato
my friend just texted me saying it's over £320 for a ticket?! they're the credit card activated tickets too connected with your passport number, so there's no great danger of touts selling them on but if that price is true then that's just plain ridiculous

Soldato
So who applied? Both my girlfriend and I have made applications, one in cat 3 and one in cat 2. I'm a neutral (not sure West Ham will be there this year, maybe next?) but I love champions league football. I hope it's a Madrid/Barca v any English team final.

Not that I agree with the prices of the tickets but what can you do?

Caporegime
my friend just texted me saying it's over £320 for a ticket?! they're the credit card activated tickets too connected with your passport number, so there's no great danger of touts selling them on but if that price is true then that's just plain ridiculous

why cant you sell them on?

Soldato
OP
why cant you sell them on?

Q15: Will my name be printed on the Tickets?
A15: The name(s), surname(s) and date(s) of birth you provide in your application will be linked to
your ticket(s). The tickets are non transferrable and ID checks will be carried out at the entrance of
the stadium.

so according to the UEFA site if you do manage to get hold of any tickets you'll have trouble selling them on.

Anyway I get this dodgy feeling that anyone who applied from England will probably not get any tickets typically anti English :(

Caporegime
Q15: Will my name be printed on the Tickets?
A15: The name(s), surname(s) and date(s) of birth you provide in your application will be linked to
your ticket(s). The tickets are non transferrable and ID checks will be carried out at the entrance of
the stadium.

so according to the UEFA site if you do manage to get hold of any tickets you'll have trouble selling them on.

Anyway I get this dodgy feeling that anyone who applied from England will probably not get any tickets typically anti English :(

do you really think they will ID 90,000 fans, also what if you had lost your wallet, the night before the game or a million other reasons you could come up with as to why you dont have ID.

do you really think they would stop someone from going in who had a ticket but no ID?

Associate
I have applied for 2 tickets for both the UEFA Cup and the Champions league final every year for the past 4 years. I have only ever won a single pair of tickets and that was for the UEFA cup final in Manchester between Zenit St Petersburg and Rangers. Somebody offered £1500 for the pair, so me and our lass had a week in Italy instead. Couldn't turn down stupid money like that. My name was on the tickets though, and the Rangers fans had a riot. Nothing came back to me though.

AFAIK there are usually about 11,000 tickets and about 500,000 applicants. It used to be that you could turn down the tickets if you won and decided you didn't want them so a fan of one of the 2 teams involved had a chance. UEFA decided this was bad :rolleyes:.

I'm not applying this year. £176 a ticket is taking the ****

Don
It will be interesting to see whether they manage to sell all the tickets this year. Any touts buying the tickets are gambling on their being an English finalist. Without an English side in the final, I doubt they'd even be able to get their money back on the tickets let alone make a profit.

If an English side makes the final though, they'll be selling the tickets on for anything up to £1,000 I'd imagine. I remember back in 2007 when Liverpool got to the final in Athens, tickets were going for £800 a go and that's with all the added cost of traveling to Athens.

Back
Top Bottom