• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Chance to unlock to a Quad for under £50

Soldato
Nope. Posted every time. When trying to boot into Windows I would either get a hang or reset.

The default voltages etc seem to be different with A07. I may have to look into it later.

Soldato
Hardly had any time to spend on this. Still just running it caseless at the moment while I transfer stuff from my old PC.

Seems prime stable @ PhenomFX x4 2.2GHz. :)

It'll be moved into my main rig sometime within the next few days. I'll start clocking it once it's paired with my main PSU and cooler (it's on the stock one at the moment) and most of the other hardware in my sig.

Soldato
Took down the following code of the top of the chip:
CAVC AC 0936BPEW

I'll get around to clocking later.

Still installing stuff. Graphics card and sound card still to go in. Will finish that tonight and have a play with clocking during the week.

Last edited:
Soldato
First seemingly successful stab at overclocking (had a few failures before remembering to limit the RAM speed - been too long since I clocked a non black edition chip). Excuse the running time in Prime. I set the clock part way through :rolleyes:

4302388606_d2d7771f45_o.jpg

I think I might have fun with this :)

Soldato
Not wanting to count my chickens, I still seem to have some issues with the unlock. Still getting occasional BSODs when booting into Windows when the CPU is unlocked at any speed. If it makes it into Windoes it seems fine - stable looping Prime blend and 3D Mark.

Hopefully just a puzzle to solve. The BIOS on this Jetway's rather different from my last board. Still getting a feel for things really.

Soldato
Dropping memory and HT right back allows 3GHz seemingly stable. Running RAM at 3:4. Any more and it won't POST. Just building up HT link gradually. 1300 MHz seems OK so far. I had to bump vPCIe-NB up a noch to get above 200! Currently at 1.20v.

I'm getting more confident about this now.

Pretty sure my Freezer Pro 64 is going to limit me going any further in terms of CPU temperature. Prime temps are pushing 60.

Don't think I'll be going higher in vcore either. Motherboard BIOS says 1.45 vcore. CPUz and speedfan say 1.52. Don't fancy pushing higher.

Soldato
OP
Try less volts, I doubt you need that many for those speeds, I found CPU Vcore volts were holding me back when I was clocking mine, 1.35 or 1.375 should be more than enough!

Give it a go and let us know if its stable.

Soldato
Already tried less volts with RAM and HT pushed right down at base levels. I needed 1.4 just to get over 2700 :(

Perhaps better cooling would help? What CPU cooler are you running?

From reading around clocks achieved on these and voltages required are quite variable. It could just be I have a chip that didn't make the PII 920 or 940 speed bin.

In the mean time I could try venting my case a bit better. Prime Temps are about 8°C less with the side of the case off.

HT is now running at 1911. May be able to go higher on that but I think I'll leave it there tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hiya Uriel! :)

Sorry if I missed it but are you overclocking with the BIOS or overclocking with AMD OverDrive™ ?

I ask because its very easy to overclock the cores separately? . . . did you try that?

Obviously I'm not doing that in the screenshot below where I was just doing some basic nOOby HT Ref testing but I did test the cores separately to begin with, lower the multi's right down to min, whack up the Ht ref. Clock and then let out the clutch on a single core, notch by notch and run a bit of Prime Small FFTs for stability testing . . .You may be able to zero in on a weak core?

275ghz.gif

Soldato
By the way - clocking isn't really my primary concern. I still occasionally get BSODs on cold boots. The symptoms seem to point to the memory subsystem. Maybe I've got a ropey l3 cache? Any good tests for it?

Back
Top Bottom