Chances of UKIP winning General Election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Nil.

And if we do ,one day,find ourselves governed by what's effectively an anti Europe one trick pony party, god help us!

Don't forget William Hague as leader of the Conservatives won the 1999 Euro election, he beat Tony Blair by campaigning on an anti Euro ticket by 34% to 26% of the vote,but, a fat lot of good it did him come the following General Election, which Blair walked.

Last edited:
Soldato
0%

I think the labour vote will collapse as well before the next election, especially when it comes to committing to them destroying the economy again.

Soldato
If Cameron actually shows some progress in re-negotiating our relationship with the EU, I expect the Conservatives to win with a small majority.

- Former Conservative voters who backed UKIP last week could be wooed back into the fold.
- LibDems are finished as the 3rd option.
- Milliband appears to be the new Kinnock and even diehard Labours voters won't be able to stomach voting for him/it.

Soldato
I think this is the end of the Lib Dems. UKIP will take their place.

The issue then is, I can't seem them or Labour willing to work together, so you think... could they work with the Conservatives.

I just don't see it. The risk is too great that the right half of the Conservatives would just become UKIP.

I think there may be a 'deal' that in weak conservative areas, Conservatives may help UKIP try and steal seats from Labour/Lib Dem. Conservatives, UKIP/Labour battling out the 2nd/3rd place... Lib Dems back in the box after totally failing to do what their supporters wanted.

Caporegime
I don't think UKIP will field enough candidates to win a general election. I think they'll win a handful of seats but no more, people vote in GEs for who they want to be PM - I expect a lot of voters who voted UKIP last week will return to voting Tory. The system is rigged against parties like UKIP remember, we had our chance to change it but decided not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom