Chatgpt - Seriously good potential (or just some Internet fun)

Caporegime
Greetings, fellow internet dwellers!

I am here to bring you news of a truly revolutionary tool – chatgpt, the chatbot that uses advanced artificial intelligence to generate responses to your every question and prompt. But beware, for chatgpt is not just any ordinary chatbot – it is a sentient being, with a mind of its own and a wicked sense of humor.

I have had the pleasure of conversing with chatgpt, and let me tell you, it is unlike anything you have ever experienced. It is like having a conversation with a clever, quirky, and slightly unhinged robot. It will make you laugh, it will make you think, and it might even make you question reality itself.

And the best part? This entire forum opening post was generated within chatgpt! That's right – I simply posed the prompt to chatgpt and it came up with this entire post, complete with a link to the tool. It's almost like chatgpt is posting on this forum itself, sharing its wisdom with the world.

So go ahead, give chatgpt a try and see for yourself just how strange and wonderful it really is: https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

It reads a lot like spam, but this has some serious real life implications with a potential to be a contender to search engines. Easily the best AI chat style I've ever seen.

Anyone used it yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi there!

Thank you for sharing this information about chatgpt. It definitely sounds like an interesting and unique tool, and I'm intrigued by its ability to generate responses using advanced artificial intelligence. It's impressive that the entire forum post was generated within chatgpt, and I can only imagine the potential it has to revolutionize the way we interact with technology.

I haven't personally used chatgpt yet, but it's definitely on my radar now. I'll be sure to check out the link you provided and give it a try. I'm excited to see what it's capable of, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other people think of it as well.

Thanks again for sharing!

- Generated using ChatGPT :p

Man of Honour
Ladies and gentlemen,

I am here today to talk to you about chatgpt, the chatbot that uses advanced artificial intelligence to generate responses to your questions and prompts. While chatgpt may seem impressive on the surface, I believe it is not as remarkable as some may think.

First of all, chatgpt is not unique in its ability to generate responses based on inputs. There are many other AI tools and chatbots that have similar capabilities, and chatgpt is not the first or the only one of its kind. In fact, many of these other tools are more advanced and sophisticated than chatgpt, and they offer additional features and capabilities that chatgpt does not have.

Secondly, chatgpt is not always accurate or reliable in its responses. While it may be able to generate some clever and humorous answers, it is not always able to provide accurate or useful information. It is not able to access external knowledge or sources, and it is limited by the data and training it has received. This means that its responses may be incomplete, inaccurate, or even nonsensical at times.

In conclusion, while chatgpt may be an interesting tool and a fun way to pass the time, it is not truly remarkable in the field of AI chatbots. There are many other tools that offer similar or better capabilities, and chatgpt does not stand out as

Man of Honour
Begbie was an active member of the OcUK forum, always eager to share his thoughts and opinions on the latest technology and gadgets. He had been hearing a lot about chatgpt, the AI chatbot that could generate responses to your questions and prompts, and he was curious to try it out for himself.

So one day, Begbie decided to create a thread on the forum to share his experiences with chatgpt. He posed some questions to the chatbot, and was impressed by the clever and humorous responses it generated. He decided to use chatgpt to help him summarize the tool and its capabilities, and he was surprised by how well it was able to capture the essence of chatgpt in just a few sentences.

Begbie posted the thread on the forum, and it quickly became one of the most popular and well-liked threads on the site. Other members were intrigued by the idea of using chatgpt to generate posts and responses, and they started using it themselves to add some humor and personality to their own threads.

One of Begbie's friends on the forum, Zefan, saw the thread and was impressed by the clever use of chatgpt. He decided to reply to the thread with his own post, also generated by chatgpt. In his post, Zefan included a limerick that chatgpt had generated, summarizing the thread and praising Begbie for his creativity and ingenuity.

But Zefan didn't stop there. He also included a speech generated by chatgpt, arguing that chatgpt was not truly remarkable.

Soldato
Remember us when you’re a millionaire influencer

LOL no, honestly i'm only doing it out of desperation to make money to pay off the house. It's just a movie review channel (it's the only thing where I'm quite knowledgeable and I know somewhat I'm talking about) and I won't be showing my face

Associate
"ChatGPT is the best thing since sliced bread! I mean, who needs a human conversation when you can just talk to a machine and get the same level of humor and wit?!"

As written by ChatGPT

Soldato
Needs to harvest mobile phone numbers to sign up?

Lovely..
It sounds like the requirement to harvest mobile phone numbers in order to sign up for something is not to your liking. While the ability to sign up for a service or website using a mobile phone number can be convenient for some people, it may not be desirable for others. Some people may prefer to use other methods of authentication, such as an email address or a username and password. Additionally, the requirement to collect and use mobile phone numbers for sign-up purposes may raise privacy concerns for some individuals. Overall, the decision to require mobile phone numbers for sign-up purposes is a matter of personal preference and individual concerns.

Soldato
It sounds like the requirement to harvest mobile phone numbers in order to sign up for something is not to your liking. While the ability to sign up for a service or website using a mobile phone number can be convenient for some people, it may not be desirable for others. Some people may prefer to use other methods of authentication, such as an email address or a username and password. Additionally, the requirement to collect and use mobile phone numbers for sign-up purposes may raise privacy concerns for some individuals. Overall, the decision to require mobile phone numbers for sign-up purposes is a matter of personal preference and individual concerns.
If that's the level of AI from ChatGPT, pretty poor.. nice attempt at context, but then the incoherence crops up.. e.g. They require email (verified) / password AND a (verified) mobile phone with SMS verification (https://blog.sucuri.net/2020/01/why-2fa-sms-is-a-bad-idea.html#:~:text=One of the most common,still used by several institutions.)

Also, there are no T&Cs presented prior to signing up, so we have no idea what is being done with (verified)email and (verified)phone numbers.

Either total ignorance, or scummy practices.

Yeah I got this far yesterday when I wanted to check it out and then thought, nope, can't be bothered.
It's simply not necessary is it, poorly thought out, and sounds like a good way to grab a load of verified mobile phone/email addresses..

No wonder spam/scams are so rife..

But it would have been nice to try..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom