Cheap energy drinks

Soldato
How can this **** be legal?

I rather stupidly bought a can on the way home from a long day at the races yesterday as I was tired and a little tipsy and had a good mile walk. Felt ok when I got home, went to bed at 11, woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep. I feel like the morning after a rave in the nineties! :mad:

Pure evil. And to think I see kids drinking this poison on the way to school.

Permabanned

I rather stupidly bought a can on the way home from a long day at the races yesterday as I was tired and a little tipsy and had a good mile walk. Felt ok when I got home, went to bed at 11, woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep. I feel like the morning after a rave in the nineties! :mad:

So you had been out drinking but the energy drink is the problem?

Soldato
When Red bull 1st came here (late 80's early 90's) I was stupid & young enough to drink half a dozen cans straight off at a party, I was driving so I drank that instead. Needless to say I didn't sleep well after that & I've kept away from Energy drinks since. :o

Soldato

You spent allday gambling and drinking alcohol yet the can of fizzy drink is evil? :D:p

Soldato
Are you still drunk?

But yeah I agree with you they are vile. Never got the whole fizzy, energy etc drink thing tbh just asking for trouble.

Caporegime

so you bought an energy drink and it gave you energy?

so your angry that something actually works?

energy drinks are no worse than having a coffee. i know a guy who drinks a coffee with 6 shots in it everyday. should coffee also be made illegal?

obviously some people will push the boundaries but i think everyone knows these should be used "in moderation" much like alcohol, paracetamol, etc. should they all be banned too because of some idiots??

Soldato
The alarming thing about energy drinks is their kind of misuse I guess is the only way to put it. I say loads of really young kids drinking these things. I was out on delivery few months ago and a kid who was probably <5 years old was drinking a can of monster energy. This seems like some shockingly bad parenting and pretty harmful? I see loads of kids out and about at supermarkets drinking this stuff like it's water. Same goes for Lucozade in some ways, some marketing makes it look like Joe Bloggs will benefit from drinking it whilst doing naff all exercise to require it really.

Soldato
What is this? TV? Why not just say the name of the cheap energy drink you bought.

4 out of 5 energy drinks i buy is a Boost, I like to treat myself to a proper red bull sometimes.

When I used to work full time I drank a can of Relentless and 2 cans of Red Bull every single day and used to sleep around 3-4 hours a night. People actually said I looked healthier.

Last edited:
Caporegime
my stepson seemed addicted to them at one point.

I think a lot of young people work hard, party hard and don't get enough sleep then end up using these drinks

Back
Top Bottom