Cheap energy drinks

The half life of caffeine in the blood is around 8 hours.

I use gym pre-workout (basically an energy drink with water removed, so just the powder) and they completely screw up my sleep if I have them after 6PM.

OP: You ingested a high amount of caffeine (and other crap) before bed. It is a drug which is proven to reduce REM sleep. Energy drinks should not be banned, you just need to buy a 20p 2L bottle of value water on your way home from getting tipsy :).

GAC

GAC

Soldato
after watching what happens to long term users of this swill were i work anyone who drinks more than a couple of cans regularly id say cut back as its not good some of the side effects. be it passing out, blacking out while standing up and heart issues.

not good stuff what so ever.

Soldato
Energy drinks do absolutely nothing for me, whether it's the 35p LSV from the local shop or Redbull, even a couple do nothing at all.
I found they can sometimes take hours because the effect hits you..
I.E drink a few cans at around 9pm -10pm and you will feel wide awake in the middle of the night..

Like the op wrote
Felt ok when I got home, went to bed at 11, woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How can this **** be legal?

I rather stupidly bought a can on the way home from a long day at the races yesterday as I was tired and a little tipsy and had a good mile walk. Felt ok when I got home, went to bed at 11, woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep. I feel like the morning after a rave in the nineties! :mad:

Pure evil. And to think I see kids drinking this poison on the way to school.

and all the alcohol you had before that was ok was it?

Soldato
Am I odd for being able to drink 3-4 redbulls and go straight to sleep?
I also drink 5-6litres of mountain dew per week :p

No but it's not something you should be proud of either. I can drink coffee and do every day but drinking fizzy drinks have an odd effect on me. I rarely drank them growing up and never do now typically. On the rare occasion I do all that sugar makes me feel so weird, I end up feeling bit dizzy and just awful.

Caporegime
No but it's not something you should be proud of either. I can drink coffee and do every day but drinking fizzy drinks have an odd effect on me. I rarely drank them growing up and never do now typically. On the rare occasion I do all that sugar makes me feel so weird, I end up feeling bit dizzy and just awful.

should possibly get that checked out.

might be an issue with your pancreas.

Wise Guy
Soldato
This! however a strong black espresso will do me like one of them duracell bunnies.

An espresso has the same caffiene as a can of coke or cup of tea, 1/3 of a monster energy.

Taurine in those drinks isn't good for your liver. Avoid them. Kids drinking loads of these drinks these days are storing up future liver problems like a young smoker storing up future lung problems.

Taurine is actually hepatoprotective.

I drink them when its easier than a coffee, i usually get the hi-ball brand which either has nothing no sweeteners, sugar, nothing, or 20g of cane sugar per can.

Soldato
Energy drinks have got nothing in them that on its own is as bad as alchohol, which is literally poison.

The combo isnt good, and shouldnt be drunk regularly (like anything with sugar and caffiene the effects lessen with repeated consumption).

If you dont drink them, and arent a big caffiene drinker in general they can be a useful boost for a few hours.

Suspended
Them 35p euro shopper ones taste better than Red Bull! I do avoid them at all costs now though, way to much sugar and caffeine.

55146_1_ID%20Shot_600_600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom