• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cheapest Gaming GPU for 4K 60FPS

seems so
I thought that was just for text input and navigation..

Further reading suggest it’s certain games that support it…

Borderlands 2 not supported…and loads of others…:(

Last edited:
maybe i'm slightly out of the loop here, but those recommending a 7800xt, isn't it basically the same as a 6800xt but more expensive?
mainly a 1440p card at high, maybe 4k upscaled, or low settings which is daft if running a 77" Oled, get top cards to show off the Oled, why compromise :confused:

Last edited:
mainly a 1440p card at high, maybe 4k upscaled, or low settings which is daft if running a 77" Oled, get top cards to show off the Oled, why compromise :confused:
My point is that it isn't a compromise, unless you consider paying more for the same thing some sort of advantage. There's like 3% difference between the cards but the price difference is significantly more than that. If OP is after the cheapest 4k card and the 7800xt is considered a 4k card then so is the 6800xt and it's evidently cheaper..

Or are you saying the 7800xt isn't even a 4k card? It probably won't do 4k 60fps at high settings in the latest games, no. But it'll do almost everything else at 4k 60fps on high. The big guns might need turning down a bit though, yeah

Last edited:
I think a baseline at this moment in time is a 3080/6800XT, however you're going to be using DLSS/FSR.

If you want no "trickery" it's going to have to be a 4090.

It does however depend on the games, latest AAA games 4090, older games I'm sure a 3080 is fine, you'd want the 12GB one though!
Definitely this. I often play on a 77" OLED at 4K and use a 4090 though when I used my 3090 for some newer games I would need DLSS or drop res to 1440p.

as others have said 6800xt if you can find one cheap enough this is what I recommended to my brother recently, its just about a 4k card with some fine tuning, how many years you intent to keep it? if a few years then maybe something faster is better, 4070 ti super if on a budget or equivalent AMD card. If you can budget £1000 then 4080 super is a better card.

gonna have to look into this, if keyboard and mouse works for all fps games then ps5 is an option once the pro model comes out.

I started a thread already

I want to build a cheap PC for my my AV rack in the lounge to run First Person Shooters at 4K 60FPS on my OLED 77”

I’m out the loop….

Can someone spec me a Cheapish GPU for this one purpose…

cheers

Can't you use moonlight to stream from your gaming PC? I use my Nvidia shield to do the same thing, and was using Nvidia game stream before they cucked it.

Can't you use moonlight to stream from your gaming PC? I use my Nvidia shield to do the same thing, and was using Nvidia game stream before they cucked it.
Moonlight?

EDIT: it’s like and Open Source GeForce now….

The LG Oled has GeForce now so I signed up for 6 months….what a waste of money…it’s was crap…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom