• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

For what it worth I dont think the 600w leaks are accurate

Last Gen they said the 4090 would be 600w and then it turned out "600w" referred to the specification of the cooler requirements not the TDP of the GPU and the 4090 released drawing up to 450w

What's to say this isn't the same thing, and what makes me more suspicious is the specs of the 5080 where based on the number of cores, it's a small GPU, so why do they list it at 400w, makes no sense when the 4090 is much larger than the 5080. So like the 5090, I believe 400w refers to the cooling capability requirement, not the actual TDP of the card, the 5080 probably will draw 250w or 300w and 400w for the 5090

Last edited:
Good point around the manufacturers skimping on the build. This has been an issue for a long time. Certain cables are designed way over the current needed specs, so the cable designers build to a lower spec and nobody notices as at the time nowhere near reaching the claimed spec. This became very apparent when 2.1hdmi opened to 120hz. Many people suddenly having issues. Another time this happened was usb cables and vr. Vr was first hardware that would need the full spec, all of a sudden many people found out their cables couldn't handle the bandwidth and in many cases even the board manufacturers had skimped, so there were even motherboards that couldn't handle it.

Ah yes I remember the USB issues as well. With the HDMI 2.1 issue, at least there was certification that users could later rely on.

With 12HWPR there is no help; no certification and no industry body checking that cables meet the spec. You as the consumer have no way of knowing if the 12HWPR cable or adaptor you bought is actually built correctly to the specified specifications.

You as the consumer have no way of knowing if the 12HWPR cable or adaptor you bought is actually built correctly to the specified specifications.

This is why I never buy any ‘mystery supplier’ power extension cables / plugs from Amazon. Brick and mortar shops only!

It gives me a degree more comfort anyway :o

Back
Top Bottom