cheese cake

This is of no help whatsoever but I love cheescake. I had a lovely Toffee and Banana one last week with lots of cream. :D

AJUK said:
This is of no help whatsoever but I love cheescake. I had a lovely Toffee and Banana one last week with lots of cream. :D

*Drools!*

I absolutley love the stuff, but i always wonder why the biscuit base always tastes better then the if you had the biscuits out of the packet?? :confused:

Exentia said:
*Drools!*

I absolutley love the stuff, but i always wonder why the biscuit base always tastes better then the if you had the biscuits out of the packet?? :confused:
Usually the biscuit base is made from crushed up biscuits mixed with some melted butter and then set in the fridge (although some recipes call for the biscuits to be baked). You can't beat ginger nuts with a lemon cheescake... yum.

//Mike said:
Usually the biscuit base is made from crushed up biscuits mixed with some melted butter and then set in the fridge (although some recipes call for the biscuits to be baked). You can't beat ginger nuts with a lemon cheescake... yum.

Thats what Im making ginger nut and lemon. Cheers for the help mike and all the egg thing worked had to use 5 eggs like! It tastes sooo good! Just leave it to finish setting in the fridge!!

jezsoup said:
Thats what Im making ginger nut and lemon. Cheers for the help mike and all the egg thing worked had to use 5 eggs like! It tastes sooo good! Just leave it to finish setting in the fridge!!
I hope you have made enough for everyone in this thread, even though I was of no help. :)

Exentia said:
*Drools!*

So true, smashed up McVities Caramel Digestives for the base is my favourite :D

//Mike said:
Bugger me - 5 eggs ?! How much mascarpone and cream did you use?

Erm there was about 600gram of mascarpone 1/2 pint of double cream, the rind and jucie of 4 lemons ( that was the mistake putting all the juice in) but it tastes really lemony which is cool. Plus sugar... no idea how much!

I will take photos later when its all set!

jezsoup said:
Erm there was about 600gram of mascarpone 1/2 pint of double cream, the rind and jucie of 4 lemons ( that was the mistake putting all the juice in) but it tastes really lemony which is cool. Plus sugar... no idea how much!

I will take photos later when its all set!

Yeah, that seems like a bit too much on the lemon juice side of things :). What can also help to stiffen it is if you lightly whip the cream before folding that in.

A nice addition to the cheesecake is to spread a thin layer of lemon curd over the top of it.

On a serious note, you need to use gelatine, or even some lemon jelly crystals to thicken it, if you are using gelatine, try and get leaf, the powder will still work, mix in a tiny bit of cold water then warm up in microwave, but do not boil it, then mix it all in the cheesecake mix.

I make a wicked cheesecake at work, lemon or mango and passionfruit flavour.

Back
Top Bottom