China's 'wet markets' have reopened

Permabanned
They have an agenda like many today and to me they cannot be happy inside or they would just STFU and get on with their own life (same as the crowd who call everyone a Homophobe/Racist).

Haha, I have just eaten a BBQ for tea (chicken,burgers) i'm gonna have another tomorrow :D
I just find it hilarious that all the militant meat eaters have come into this thread completely oblivious, see my statement and dive in head first thinking i'm some kins of Vegan warrior :D waves at you Boomerang :D
I just dont live in a bubble like a lot of posters in this thread and know full well that what we are doing regarding the way we farm our meat is just plain wrong.

Soldato
**Contreversial opinion alert**
Unless your vegetarian/vegan then you have no place condemning China, this happens throughout the world.

You are right, watching the video does make me think about what goes on in our own slaughter houses.

However, animal welfare standards are better in this country and I'm sure our hygiene is better too. Something akin to a Chinese "wet market" in the UK would be closed very quickly I hope. Not least because of how unclean they appear to be.

Soldato
However, animal welfare standards are better in this country and I'm sure our hygiene is better too. Something akin to a Chinese "wet market" in the UK would be closed very quickly I hope. Not least because of how unclean they appear to be.

Surely it's solely about hygiene standards, it makes little difference whether the animal is slaughtered before it gets to market or is slaughtered in front of you at the market, I guess you could argue about the way the animals are kept but is it really that much different to battery farming with chickens ?

Caporegime
They have an agenda like many today and to me they cannot be happy inside or they would just STFU and get on with their own life (same as the crowd who call everyone a Homophobe/Racist).

zBZKQhh.jpg

Is this worth it for that £2 chicken? Yes or no?

I like my chicken (as well as most other meat products), but honestly, i'm starting to be put off with this sort of consumerist tasteless garbage that has partly led to us being increasingly exposed to the risk of disease.

The value of everything needs to be changed, because when it is a blase experience to eat meat all the time, you know it's wrong, it's wrong for people's association with nature, wrong for the farmers and wrong for the animals. I'd rather meat be a weekly thing, be of a good quality and to justify cheaper alternatives.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Not overly found of chicken but I also did not agree with battery hens we had decade ago for eggs.

If you seen an abattoir as I have it would put you off but again they do the dirty work so we can eat but it is doing humanly.

yulin-dog-meat-festival.jpg

Rppxd-Gfs-Xgp-Ws-HR-800x450-no-Pad.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't get why the Chinese government is so afraid of dealing with it, either it's so widespread in a particular set of important demographics (older generation, Chinese establishment or the rich would be my assumptions) or they're distinctly part of the problem with your bog standard corrupt officials.

Really don't want to generalise so many distinct cultures in China into one blob for the sake of a grievance, all the cantonese people i've been around have been alright.

Last edited:
Associate
The value of everything needs to be changed, because when it is a blase experience to eat meat all the time, you know it's wrong, it's wrong for people's association with nature, wrong for the farmers and wrong for the animals. I'd rather meat be a weekly thing, be of a good quality and to justify cheaper alternatives.

This is what i think too. I was hoping something would change after covid but i really doubt it will.

I like the term, you get what you pay for. But sadly not many believe in that. I believe most people in this country don't realise how rich they are.

Caporegime
Sorry but comparing the crappy lifestyle of western shed chicken farming to gutting cats while they are alive then blowtorching off their skin doesn't make much sense to me.

Both are nasty but one is infinitely more abhorrent to westerners like myself.

It's time we took China down a peg or 2 :p.
It is a complete hole, with a commufascist, zero human rights, poop stain of a country which for some "profit" reason we have bargained away our economy to. Globalization..... Time for genocidezation. I don't wanna live in a Chinese bought world, they already have purchased South America and Africa. Stupid trump. Needs to get his warfare on and invade some islands.

Caporegime
Sorry but comparing the crappy lifestyle of western shed chicken farming to gutting cats while they are alive then blowtorching off their skin doesn't make much sense to me.

Both are nasty but one is infinitely more abhorrent to westerners like myself.

It's time we took China down a peg or 2 :p.
It is a complete hole, with a commufascist, zero human rights, poop stain of a country which for some "profit" reason we have bargained away our economy too. Globalization..... Time for genocidezation.

You better be joking. It's very easy to moan from a safe position about the Chinese not overthrowing their government, they tried that once and it got them the Communists, they tried again and got run over with tanks.

Caporegime
Jesus dude...

You're calling for the genocide of a whole people...

The fact is that we had a part to play in normalising their government, through the desire for cheap goods in some pea-brained foreign policy mistake, pretending that the country would somehow change over to democracy at some point through the increase in prosperity.

The USSR fell because it could no longer justify it's own existence, though it's still a bit confusing why it ended so abruptly, we definitely never invested in it that's for sure. Why exactly did we need phones every couple of years anyway? It clearly wasn't worth giving the CCP the space to breathe. Trying to resolve this situation is undoubtedly going to cause needless pain to millions of people in the West who'd already suffered for the last 40 years of this profit-above-all mentality, the people that need to suffer are those that abused the situation for personal wealth, not the pleb trying to survive.

This jingoism usually leads to one thing, the rich continue to profit while the poor get sacrificed, time and again, are you willing to pick up a weapon to save Richard Branson?

Last edited:
Soldato

Sorry but it's all pretty brutal, the sad reality is, if you're food, nature and humans will not be kind to you and you will suffer a brutal death

Associate
OP

Sorry but it's all pretty brutal, the sad reality is, if you're food, nature and humans will not be kind to you and you will suffer a brutal death

Comparing that to Chinese wet markets is absurd. The Chinese go OUT OF THEIR WAY to torture the animals because they think the adrenaline of an excruciating death makes the meat tastier and they "absorb the animals energy".

This attempt to equate Western animal farming to Chinese wet-markets is pathetic.

Associate
OP
It's equally pathetic to condemn the slaughter of animals whilst trying to morally justify the slaughter of animals because that slaughter is done "better"

Only a fool thinks in absolutes.

If you think there is no justification for not torturing animals before you kill them versus not torturing them because they both end in "death", there is no point in even debating such a ridiculous stance.

So tell me, before you are killed in war after being captured, why is it prohibited by the Geneva conventions to torture the person? In your eyes, both end in death, so torture away!

Oh and there is that LITTLE POINT that Western farming doesn't routinely create GLOBAL PANDEMICS.

Back
Top Bottom