Poll: Chinese Grand Prix 2018, Shanghai - Race 3/21

Rate the 2018 Chinese Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I give that a 5/10. Overall it was the usual boring race until RedBull's masterstroke of pitting again made the race come alive and Danny Ric's banzai moves in the braking zone. Once he had passed everyone it went back to being dull again.

Onscreen info was wrong half the time and giving incorrect gaps and even the wrong drivers. Croft get's more annoying as time goes by!!

Soldato
Max really needs to sort out his overtake decision making before he becomes Maldonado 2.0

Just glad that the gap at the top is reduced. A close fight till the end would be nice!

Soldato
Just watched the race. Strategic masterclass by Red Bull. Mercedes and Ferrari caught napping at the SC. It was poorly timed for Bottas & Vettel but Hamilton & Kimi could have taken advantage of it.

Whats going on with Hamilton? He's such a moany little boy when he's not out in front. Why is he getting on the radio saying "Sorry I lost that position"? Just shut up n get the bloody job done. Bottas showed him up good and proper today.

Max has started to believe all the hype and has become absolutely useless. He must have watched Marquez in Argentina. He's trying to pull off these wonder moves when he could quite easily just wait and get the job done easily. He was always going to get past Vettel and Hamilton, he was just too impatient. It was lovely seeing Vettel drop all those places though :)

Also great to see Kimi on the podium after he was sacrificed to try and help out Vettel.

Soldato
The race was ******* dreadful up until the safety car in my opinion. However, thank god for the red bulls being aware on the Safety Car. God damn Max :( I really like him, and he's a brilliantly talented driver, but there wasn't any need to try and force the overtake in that corner on that lap :( I hope this incident will hit him harder than some of the others, mainly because had he not caused this incident with Seb, surely he was nailed on for P2, and that's only because he ran wide earlier on and lost track position to Danny Ric.

On the subject of Danny Ric, again, what a driver :) Yeah it's easier with fresh tyres and stuff but still the two overtakes on Valterri and Hamilton were filthy :)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Whats going on with Hamilton? He's such a moany little boy when he's not out in front. Why is he getting on the radio saying "Sorry I lost that position"? Just shut up n get the bloody job done. Bottas showed him up good and proper today.

Same deal as always. If a weekend seems to be going against him he just checks out way too early and phones in the performance. As soon as practice 3 finished his race weekend was basically done - once he convinced himself that he didn't have a super-fast car he was as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

***edit***

What's weird is that if the drop in car performance happens later, e.g they wake up Sunday morning and the car is no longer tip-top, then he usually finds a way to drive around it. I wish that Hamilton was the one that turned up every time, he's much better to watch.

Caporegime
Great race.
I wouldn't say it was brilliant but red bull, it's more that ferrari and particularly Mercedes making poor choices.

Oh dear vestappen. Threw away a win. Love watching DR. His overtaking is spectacular.

Great result for Renault. Looks like hulk is putting sainz in his place. Really happy to see Renault making progress

Great to have his car there too Maximise on Vettels incident

Soldato
Decent enough race after a slow start. I was surprised by the lack of overtaking pre-safety car despite the huge straight and DRS zone, shows how bad that long right hander is for running behind another car under current rules.
Disappointing watching Lewis not really manage to do anything today, but everything else panned out quite well for some entertainment. Good to see the Finns both score points over their teammates, cracking overtakes by Ricciardo, Max making a mess of things and causing Vettel to drop a load of places was pretty entertaining too. Alonso mugging Vettel was just icing on the cake!
Points are looking pretty close, still all to play for.

Soldato
I give that a 5/10. Overall it was the usual boring race until RedBull's masterstroke of pitting again made the race come alive and Danny Ric's banzai moves in the braking zone. Once he had passed everyone it went back to being dull again.

Onscreen info was wrong half the time and giving incorrect gaps and even the wrong drivers. Croft get's more annoying as time goes by!!

You mean being in the right place at the right time? It was hardly a masterstroke, the timing of the SC and their position on the lap was in their favour.

Soldato
I enjoyed the race. Bottas showed some grit but his tyres went away and he couldn't contend. Did well to fend of kimi and max though in my opinion.

Max- nothing really needs to be said, he knows he screwed up and it cost him a seemingly definite 2nd. I hope (perhaps naively?) he starts to think about his overtakes and the damage his driving is doing to his track position and his teams points.

Got to feel for Vettel. SC at wrong time but then its F1 so swings and roundabouts. SC was in his favour last time.

Hamilton - he's not out of the game yet but he can't continue to perform like this for much longer.

Great drive from Daniel, and Red Bull dropped on with the SC and were in the right place at the right time but they made a concise call and it paid off. Shame the race leaders were past the pit entry but that's racing. I think Hamilton has a point re tyres - merc should have boxed Lewis- they just didn't react quick enough and in my opinion it cost him a podium.

Soldato
You mean being in the right place at the right time? It was hardly a masterstroke, the timing of the SC and their position on the lap was in their favour.
Yet Hamilton and Kimi stayed out. So yes, I think you can say it was a masterstroke by Red Bull. They took a gamble no one else was prepared to take and it paid off. The only people that were unable to take that gamble were Vettel n Bottas.

Back
Top Bottom