Civilization 7 on its way

Loved V but just couldn't ever click with VI, and I played it plenty to give it a chance.

Just wish they could release a complete game rather than relying on DLC these days, but I guess that's just a sign of times.

Loved V but just couldn't ever click with VI, and I played it plenty to give it a chance.

Likewise. I put several hundred hours into V, but only about 80 into VI. Still good, but not on the same level. There's been a lot of other similar games from other outfits released in the years since Civ VI, it'll be interested to see what - if anything - they've learned from them.

I put something like 1,300 hours into Civ 5 and almost 2,000 hours into Civ 6. Mind you I dont play it alone, I only ever play it on the largest size of map, longest game length, in multiplayer. Some of our matches take several months to complete :)

Get scared to start these games. Time bloody flies. Just one more go...

Will wait and buy after a year two I think. Need to replay civ 6 sometime first.

I play Civ 6 from time to time and am looking forward to seeing what they do with Civ 7. My biggest wishes would be for an improvement to the really dumb computer player AI and some sort of counterbalance for the military route to winning the game vs science, culture etc.

I was playing Civ 6 when the tralier dropped. It has been an amazing sequence of games. I played Civilization on the Amiga 500 in 1991 and all the other games on PC and never been dissappointed. I didn't get into Civ 5 until Game of the Year version with both upgrades but Civ 6 caught me from the outset. Woot, so looking forward to this.

It's taken me nearly 2 days to accept this is real and it's happening!!!!! 4000 hours of civ6 and it feels like it's time for a refresh, fingers crossed it comes with a Mac port on day one.

Looking forward to this.

CIV6 and I got on ok, but it never had the same impact as 5.

I never really liked the district idea. Not saying it was bad, but it felt awkward to plan sometimes, especially during multiplayer.

I hope for the AI to be better at the very least. And I hope they work out a way to make it smarter rather than just increasing or decreasing the yields and starting units.

Looking forward to it! I just hope it's a "proper" Civ game and not another Beyond Earth. Either way though, I hope it's hits the ground running. Civ has a habit of becoming brilliant eventually, but it usually takes an expansion or two.

I'm guessing since we didn't any screenshots, trailers, or any further information it's early in development and a year or two away.

This.

I was disappointed with 6 in the beginning.
2 Expansions and many DLC later, I love it.

But I only play with all expansions and ''regular'' features enabled: Barbarian Clans mode, Heroes and legends, monopolies and corporations, secret socieities. I just don't use Dramatic ages or apocalipse mode....

Any game without these feels bland, I have Civ 6 on my phone as well, just the base game, and it's relatively boring. To few choice,s too little snowballing techniques...

Civ 5 and 4 also were a bit bland in the beginning, but got better with Exp's.

Civ IV was the last one I played for hundreds of hours.

I guess the series just became too much of the same with better graphics and poor AI

I reckon it will involve tiles and a tech tree, turn based gameplay and building an empire.
But square tiles or hexagonal tiles , whats in the tech tree, how many years does it span, does it have a new revolutionary tech tree mechanic, how many turns are possible in the longest game mode, is it full simultaneous turn based or limited simultaneous turn based and what are the limitations, can you build more than one empire, how do you transition from one empiric stage to another, can you play in co-op with multiple players controlling the same empire and how many empires are there in total at launch....so many questions :D

But square tiles or hexagonal tiles , whats in the tech tree, how many years does it span, does it have a new revolutionary tech tree mechanic, how many turns are possible in the longest game mode, is it full simultaneous turn based or limited simultaneous turn based and what are the limitations, can you build more than one empire, how do you transition from one empiric stage to another, can you play in co-op with multiple players controlling the same empire and how many empires are there in total at launch....so many questions :D

Well, they'll just alternate between what they did from the one before. I don't think anything will be revolutionary.

Well, they'll just alternate between what they did from the one before. I don't think anything will be revolutionary.
Perhaps, perhaps not, we'll find out in 18 days. Just as long as I can have enormous 5000 turn marathon multiplayer games I'll be happy :)

Have you not been able to do that before?
Yup, its the only way I play, but interested to see what this incarnation brings, after all I've been able to run about in first person shooters shooting people for decades but doesnt stop me from playing new first person shooters where I run about shooting people.

Back
Top Bottom