Civilization 7 on its way

I've been a civ player since civ1. Civ6 never really grabbed me like the others (civ2 and 3 being the pinnacle for me). I'm just not that excited by this, but you never know.

I've been a civ player since civ1. Civ6 never really grabbed me like the others (civ2 and 3 being the pinnacle for me). I'm just not that excited by this, but you never know.
Understandable, 33 years since Civ 1 and 33 years is a long time to be doing something. Not many game series are still exciting after 33 years (if they've even managed to last that long)

I'd like to see a giant combined game, a game which links Civilization with Alpha Centauri into one extended game, one where once you leave Earth to colonize another world, the game actually continues on the new world.

Been going downhill since Brian Reynolds left.....

Will play, but excited?......

I'd like to see a giant combined game, a game which links Civilization with Alpha Centauri into one extended game, one where once you leave Earth to colonize another world, the game actually continues on the new world.
Alpha Centauri sucked though. It was weird.

Now Alpha Centauri (the original from 1997, not the remake Beyond Earth travesty) ranks as one of the best games of all time.

Yang of the Hive :D

Now Alpha Centauri (the original from 1997, not the remake Beyond Earth travesty) ranks as one of the best games of all time.

Yang of the Hive :D

In no way, shape or form was Beyond Earth a remake of AC. I think some describe it as 'spiritual successor' but that seemed to end with it was set in space..

Last edited:
So excited for this and possibly a preorder for me, lost so many hours in Civ and Human Kind.... I hope that they put more complexity in this one :)

Stelly

So excited for this and possibly a preorder for me, lost so many hours in Civ and Human Kind.... I hope that they put more complexity in this one :)

Stelly

I don't think they will but it would be nice. Civ has always felt like 'baby's first 4x game'. However, there are plenty of other great games in the genre so not really an issue for me.

Last edited:
Loved all the Civs, I still play Civ 1 now and again online in a dox box player :cry:

Looking forward to Civ 7 to see what it brings.

As for Alpha Centuri, I played it loads when I was younger. The other month I saw it was on Game Pass through EA Play, I downloaded it and I just couldn't get into it again.

I don't think they will but it would be nice. Civ has always felt like 'baby's first 4x game'. However, there are plenty of other great games in the genre so not really an issue for me.
Older Civ games had plenty of depth but they have defo dumbed it down for the masses - want more customized dependant on the civ unit would be amazing - I can with but yer mate - know what you mean.

What games would you recommend?

Stelly

Older Civ games had plenty of depth but they have defo dumbed it down for the masses - want more customized dependant on the civ unit would be amazing - I can with but yer mate - know what you mean.

What games would you recommend?

Stelly

Not really an apples to apples comparison but I tend to prefer sci-fi/fantasy in this genre.

Some great ones are Endless Space1/2, Endless Legend.
I really like Age of Wonders series, and Stellaris but that's not really like Civ.
I don't have any hands on experience with ones set in real world tbh. Really looking forward to this one too but probably wait 6 months to see how it goes:

Oh forgot about Old World, I think that's made by lead designer of Civ IV.
Millennia by paradox might be good in a year but they did their usual release a half baked product and charge for DLC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom